what would you say to one abusing your server resources

hi,

if a customer's site was jeopardizing the server's resources, and if i wanted to suspend his account what could i say in the email i write to him?

cheers

If he's not breaking any rules then you shouldn't say anything. Or try to convince him that he needs a dedicated server.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

well in my terms anyone that jeopardizes server resources will get his account terminated, but i dont know how to say it

explain to him that he is using more than his fair share of the server's processing power and it's negatively affecting the server's performance. Also note that he should upgrade to a dedicated server as his siteis no longer suitable for a shared hosting environment.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Did youbhave a TOS when he signed up for your service?
    If yes and it stats that "robbing" the CPU and system resource and give the other users a hard time would deem a suspension.

Just tell him
    "Hello,

XXX your account has reached the hosting capabilities of the current package that you are on.
    Please consider upgrading to a reseller account or a deciated server for maximun preformance for your site or business
    "

Hopefully that helps
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

Explain to him/her that by abusing the resources he/she could be charged for extra bandwith and space to avoid any mishaps to the server or other customers. Send him/her an upgrade request and you can send them your TOS highlighting the necessary area re: server abuse or whatever you may call it. Be nice and polite, get your point across without getting the client angry Hope it works out well
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Don't call it abuse if hes not doing it with the intent to mess with your server. As far as he knows hes staying withing the disk/bandwidth limits you imposed.

also exsplain that he is using to much server resources not bandwidth and disk space (alot of customers get confused by that and think you are trying to rip them off).
    I am back....

Is he abusing the server resources or has he just outgrown his plan with you. If he is just getting a ton of traffic, your best bet is to let tell him how great he is doing and let him know it is time to upgrade to his own dedicated server. If he is spamming or malicously crippling the server then get rid of him.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN [email protected]
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

this is the best time to propose your dedicated server plan to him or if not then a higher end plan. Tell him to take immediate action, be frank to him and help him out IF hes not spamming or any other illegal activity.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

It seems that much of the issue has already been touched here, but send him a message telling him what percent of the server resources he is using and what is the allowed for each account. For the shared servers I own, I specifically state that each account cannot exceed 15% of the server resources at any given time. If you don't have something regarding cpu/server resources usage in your TOS or AUP, then I would recommend you add something regarding it that is at least applicable on any shared servers you own.

And as Yaser mentioned, this would probably be a good time to propose an upgrade to a dedicated or semi-dedicated server for your client, if he is consistently using up the resources.
    Mitty Chang, Managing Partner & Lead Designer
    MightyMitty Design Studios
    mightymitty.com