Looking for Dedicated Server.. but what company?

Well, the title pretty much says it all.
    I didn't think my demands were that high but so far no luck.
    What I'm looking for is:

3x 120gb HDD (RAID 5 array)
    1024Mb RAM
    P4 3,0Ghz CPU with HT
    1 mbit bandwidth monthly - 100 mbit burstable
    cPanel on RH 9.0 or RH Enterprise Edition

Anyone know of a company offering this and them being an
    established company?

tnx..

Peter

what is your budget
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Budget isn't really an issue, but I'd say around $350-$500 I guess.

If you want a RELIABLE solution, go with http://www.ethr.net (he goes by the username of MFJP on here).
    I'm sure they can work out a solution with you! Just tell them that Joe McElwee sent you!

How about liquidweb.com?
    Host4Reseller.com
    The Linux & Windows Shared/Reseller Hosting Company Since 2003!
    Affordable Price$ | Power Servers | cPanel & Helm | Fantastico & Radiance Skin | 24/7 Support & Sales

Server Matrix and EV1 are solid providers.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

For his budget, I think he should go for something worth it, not the usual sub-par servermatrix or other budget providers.
    Matthew Gunnin
    COO - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Agreed. He doesn't appear to be looking for "budget"

What area are you looking for? If you need something east/central try route256.com They can build you a custom solution for decent pricing.

Maybe liquidweb meet to his need.
    Host4Reseller.com
    The Linux & Windows Shared/Reseller Hosting Company Since 2003!
    Affordable Price$ | Power Servers | cPanel & Helm | Fantastico & Radiance Skin | 24/7 Support & Sales

Thanks, I'll be checking both of those out
    Liquidweb doesn't seem to offer RAID, but I'll try if they can give me a custom-quote.

logicworks dot net

They've gone into the list as well

There are a lot of dedicated server providers over there. You can make research - and choose what you are looking for.

how about he goes to the planet? tee-hehe

id go colo you would pay for the box in 3-4 months

Earendil

This past month i have ordered 4 different dedicated servers from 4 seperate datacenters.

without bashing any of the ones ive not been happy with....

i use a whatsup gold server to monitor ping every 5 minutes.

a popular sanjose location with abovenet seems to loose packets on avereage 1-2x daily.

a popular dallas location --- same thing.. some packet loss and an hour of downtime.

kc, mo location... wtf is with all their arp traffic.... i did more bw transfer from arp traffic than anything else.

crnc.net -- havent dropped a packet in 45 days. (this is a low end box i have with them, 1ghz 512 2x40gb). Service has been quite good. james is very easy to deal with. (i think his buddy chris is more of a sales guy and im not saying he isnt helpful but james seems to be the guru)

i have had a couple of problems at each location. some legit, some instigated on my part just to see how quickly support can address my issue.

if you were looking for a standard wmh/cpanel box id point you toward angelnetworkz.net but for the setup your looking at id have to suggest you contact crnc.net (james at crcn dot net) for a quote.

Rich

nero-x, thanks for your comment, I'll make sure to contact them and check 'm out.
    Right now I've contacted about 10 companies to give me a quote, 4 of them were unable to offer (hardware) RAID, the rest has either made an offer, or will make one soon

Liquidweb has an extreme fast support - they replied to my sales question in the middle of the night...

Try Servint as well
    Server4Sale
    Dirt CHEAP Servers coming soon

Ok, we've made our selection and will be picking before the end of the week, thank you all for your tips

Currently CRNC, route256 and LiquidWeb seem like the ones we'll be picking from

With hardware raid, we run into problem every time we try to compile new kernels and such. We did find that Software raid under linux perform the best and the easiest to deal with.

Under windows, hardware raid, (IDE or SCSI) are much easier.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

I've ran hardware raid on my local fileserver (almost similar to this machine we want online) and never ran into problems..
    Running RH Fedora Core 1