Thread: Hostmatix Gone

Thumbs down Hostmatix Gone

I've had open ticket since April 6 and now the forums are gone. Are they about to turn out the lights? Support has been crappy the last few months and emails to them have been ignored.

It now looks as if I'm SOL.. Anybody know what is going on with Hostmatix? PM me if you know what's up. I've setup another account with Network Eleven just in case.

Looks like I got out just in time. I never did get my emails answered.

I hope everything works out well for you, and best of luck.
    If I go there I lose my way
    If we stay here we're not together

Moiraine

you can sift through this thread for some of the answers...

the cliff notes version: hostmatix was sold and is stating that the old management left them buried with support tickets, billing issues, etc and the new management is trying to dig their way out. in the meantime, existing customers are upset and left without answers, especially any communication from the new management as to the status of the company. the forums have been removed and their license to their old support area has expired.

the few hm customers i knew have already pulled out and moved elsewhere in fear of the integrity of their accounts being compromised.

"The more famous I get, the more I am tolerated, albeit with some head-shaking"
    - H. R. Giger

Please see the link to the other thread above. Dubtastic has an excellent reply at the end of the thread which really outlines issues with Hostmatix.

I have been with Hostmatix for awhile and lost a major client due to terrible email routing. Otherwise, I have had reasonable service from them. The sites on their space seemed to be up 99.5% of the time and VERY fast. While they DID try to help with their customer service, sometimes the help didnt answer the problem.

This was the FIRST time I even KNEW they had changed ownership! At the least, Hostmatix should have posted to ALL their clients of the change with a plea for some patience and explanation of the problems at hand. Instead, customers were left to wallow in the muck. I never contacted them during this time, so was unaware of any problems. But reading these threads was a real shock. As for now, I still have one client with Hostmatix and I am debating on the best course of action.

For what its worth, I found the response by Elik to be very depressing and perhaps telling of things to come. If anything, this person should have apologized profusely and been professional in his text.

One thing can be said: The new owers and management have not handled the transition in a professional manner. That's not a good sign.

kh

to make things a little more interesting, cancelling the account has become an adventure in itself!

first, emailing [email protected] yields no reply or confirmation that the cancellation will take place. second, since the message you recieve when logging into my.hostmatix.com states that the "license has expired" you are left to wonder through their home page in an attempt to find a better way to contact them.

looking at the "contact us" page i have already tried contacting the "cancellation" email yesterday. i am not even sure if they received my message. the live chat option does not work. all of the technical support links still point to my.hostmatix.com which gives this when logging in:

ERROR: Invalid License Key (Time Period Expired)
    and also the company telephone is mysteriously blank coupled with an incomplete address for the united states office.

so i continue looking and see that their message boards now point to a support area. would have been nice to seen this communicated to the client base. so i submit a ticket, print it, and take a screenshot just in case.

out of curiousity, i try the ticket status option, entering my email and ticket id which results in a failed login attempt. so i enter my email into the "forgot key?" area which says it emails the information, yet i have not seen one reply, confirmation, or notice from this new support area, not even a confirmation on the cancellation ticket that i submitted earlier.

at the very minimum i would have expected some type of auto-reply or confirmation that what i have sent via email (marked return receipt) and through their own ticket system has gone through.

- H. R. Giger

Hostmatix Journey into the Netherworld

Originally posted by Dubtastic
    to make things a little more interesting, cancelling the account has become an adventure in itself!
    This is really amusing except for the fact that I still have one last account with Hostmatix! I am scared to even attempt this process as I dont want to gain any more gray hair as it is.

My site is still up and running and I have not seen any down time at all. Everything seems to be working but it's like flying at 20,000 feet over a war zone... seems fine from this vantage point....

One VERY GOOD POINT is that my CONTROL PANEL still works with the original ID and PW. I can also upload or download files fine. As for everything else? It's a mystery...

Anyone else here still with Hostmatix?

kh

Re: Hostmatix Journey into the Netherworld

Originally posted by Abstrait
    This is really amusing except for the fact that I still have one last account with Hostmatix! I am scared to even attempt this process as I dont want to gain any more gray hair as it is.

My site is still up and running and I have not seen any down time at all. Everything seems to be working but it's like flying at 20,000 feet over a war zone... seems fine from this vantage point....

One VERY GOOD POINT is that my CONTROL PANEL still works with the original ID and PW. I can also upload or download files fine. As for everything else? It's a mystery...

Anyone else here still with Hostmatix?

kh
    my accounts with them are still active and i have a friend who has a site with them also. the site that is still hosted with them is also up with very little downtime and cpanel access works like a charm. when it works fine its wonderful, but what worries me is when there is a problem and nobody around to help correct it.

- H. R. Giger

Recommendation: Make complete backups of your account in case anything does happen to the servers. Trust me, you won't regret it.

* Im leaving HM

Have three domains there...the events described above are accurate...to get to their support area you should click on one of their old support responses...where it says "review status". I have already moved 2 of my domains over to a new host.

I have already enough support tickets made in the last 2 mos - then my 2 year tenure there.

My reason for going with them was customer service - which was very good. I don't care who bought them or sold them...that's life...but when when the customer service goes down the tube...I am outtie !

I really hate to see consumers misfortuned like this =/ its not a good thing.

It would be helpful if the new owners would contact the surviving clients and revealed who they were and how they can be contacted Why they feel they need to keep it a secret after all this time is a mystery to me.

Okay...I am experiencing something weird from HM. I can access my CP and everything else, but can't access my site via a browser.

It's all f'd up! What's going on?!

Is anyone still with HM?!

i have a friend who has an account there still... FTP still works, but nothing else at the moment.

@anon - i agree about the communication. this cloud of mystery certainly does not help the situation.

- H. R. Giger

Unfortunately this brings back memories of Edge Host and the whole fiasco surrounding the company. Therefore, if there is anyway I can help individuals that are effected by this please let me know.

Best of luck in the future guys/girls - hopefully everything turns out ok

this doesnt look good

lol.. the support link with Live chat for hostmatrix is not working at all :

http://www.hostmatix.com/live.html

Its a dead link

I can imagine the clients for hostmatrix, which phase are they going through ..

Hotmatix's heart still beating ....faintly

Well, I am STILL with them with ONE client left and a few of my personal sites. Again, I dont think I have EVER experienced down time with HM, but had TERRIBLE TERRIBLE email problems that lost me a major client.

As stated above, the CONTROL PANEL still works and you have to change your CONTACT info within there.

I have not even attempted a help ticket and really have not needed one since the email fiasco. But everything else works. Again, from my view, if you didnt know something was amuck, you wouldnt be wondering anything. But the problems listed above with the help section were still evident as of a few days ago (just accessing the area).

I will give them a few months to sort things out since everything else appears to be working fine, at least from my end.

It's hard to resist fleeing like RATS when the ship is floundering, however.

kh

Well then you should make sure you make backups of everything you own cause eventually it will go down...
    Charles R. Wieland
    Chief Technical Officer
    Phima Group, LLC
    http://www.phimagroup.com

Re: Hotmatix's heart still beating ....faintly

Originally posted by Abstrait

It's hard to resist fleeing like RATS when the ship is floundering, however.
    no offense, but not being able to receive any form of two-way communication, or the services that were originally promised, is a perfect reason to "flee like rats".

i have seen hostmatix down for a 36+ hour period and did not leave, i have seen trouble tickets take a little bit longer to be resolved than i would like, i have seen several other issues since i was with them. that is the nature of the beast and no hosting company is exempt from these types of problems.

i do not see myself as "fleeing like a rat" at the mere sign of trouble, because i have stuck through troubles before with hostmatix and other companies. but when i feel that my accounts are in jeapordy and see no effort from the staff to do anything to rectify the situation, im sorry but it is time to pull out.

- H. R. Giger

Yeh time to pack ya bags and haul butt!
    Charles R. Wieland
    Chief Technical Officer
    Phima Group, LLC

Hi,

I was able to contact HostMatix and it appears they have sold the company already. Hopefully we should see some great updates soon!

Best of luck

*edit*- posted an incorrect url.

Makes me wonder though, how many other people type MATRIX by mistake. Heh!

Yeah... all this Matix-Matrix thing is really confusing... I always read these names twice just to be sure.

phpcoder did you find out or know who they sold company to?

so sorry to hear the news man, i wish you best of luck to finding good hosting to meet your demands
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

My site have hosted in HM for six Months, I had to say they are good, and professional. And their service is good, and reply is very fast.

Dubtastic - where did you end up going? I always remember seeing you on the HM forum.

Originally posted by Wonder
    Dubtastic - where did you end up going? I always remember seeing you on the HM forum.
    i went with micfo.com and have found it one of the easiest transfers to date. so far, so good.

- H. R. Giger

Thats great news
    Charles R. Wieland
    Chief Technical Officer
    Phima Group, LLC

yeah, micfo IS the Hostmatix guys

Micfo IS the old Hostmatix crew... Go on their site and it sounds an awful lot like HostMatix with even MORE claims for EVEN Less... Much of the Support section at Micfo reads the same as old Hostmatix.

Anyone at Micfo care to comment how and WHY they dropped all their customers at Hostmatix and left that place beseiged with thousands of complaints?

Why DID Micfo group SELL Hostmatix? It's the same Dubai crew from what I see.

Seems a bit circumspect to me - Perhaps I missed the reasons for this somewhere.

I thought about it awhile and think it pretty sorry, to be honest.

kh
    Last edited by Abstrait; 05-25-2004 at 04:28 AM.

Did you ever get a reply to your question?

- H. R. Giger

Well, my sites are going awfully slow and this isn't making me happy. This is a big event weekend for my company and it's necessary that my sites are up & running!

I'm just not in the mood to run to another host at this point in time.

I see a lot of people get confused with the hosts Ipowerweb and PowWeb, although they are totally seperate animals...

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Yeah... all this Matix-Matrix thing is really confusing... I always read these names twice just to be sure.
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.