what kind of BUSY management SM has?

Hi, I noticed earlier that one of my server was not responding and on checking it came to my notice that it got unplugged. Reason, SPAM. Someone actually used our server to send SPAM emails. We are hosting a portal providing free webmail facility and someone is trying to let us down. The server was brought offline at 05/04/04-00:02. Since then I am trying to reach their support (abuse). Firstly they said abuse can only update this and they will be here at 9. Fine, I waited while the customers yelling at me.

9 AM, abuse arrived and since then .. no responce. No replies. Everytime I called I got an answer abuse is very busy today. I guess all the servers of TP/SM are under some kind of abuse. Why its taking time to resolve this issue?

Though at the time the server was authorized to be disconnected, that was someone from the abuse dept. who authorized that and minutes later .. they were all gone

Is there any better way to get this thing resolved?
    We eDrive your Business!
    Web Hosting Solutions http://www.digitallinx.com
    Toll-Free in US and Canada: 1 (866)339-0849
    International Callers: 1 (214)329-4291 or 1 (786)380-4896

Re: what kind of BUSY management SM has?

Originally posted by Goni
    Hi, I noticed earlier that one of my server was not responding and on checking it came to my notice that it got unplugged. Reason, SPAM. Someone actually used our server to send SPAM emails. We are hosting a portal providing free webmail facility and someone is trying to let us down. The server was brought offline at 05/04/04-00:02. Since then I am trying to reach their support (abuse). Firstly they said abuse can only update this and they will be here at 9. Fine, I waited while the customers yelling at me.

9 AM, abuse arrived and since then .. no responce. No replies. Everytime I called I got an answer abuse is very busy today. I guess all the servers of TP/SM are under some kind of abuse. Why its taking time to resolve this issue?

Though at the time the server was authorized to be disconnected, that was someone from the abuse dept. who authorized that and minutes later .. they were all gone

Is there any better way to get this thing resolved?
    Customers yelling at you? You're providing free e-mail... gimme a break.

SM/TP's AUP is pretty stringent and they are well known for reacting to these situations pretty quickly (which I am very thankful for!).

Maybe try PM'ing YourHost and see if he can give you a hand. Seeing as it's an abuse matter, you may just have to wait for them to respond.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Re: Re: what kind of BUSY management SM has?

Originally posted by sirius
    Customers yelling at you? You're providing free e-mail... gimme a break.
    Its a customer's machine, and he's yelling at me because of the downtime. I don't provide free email services its the customer's portal. Now don't start bashing me why my customers doing this, this free email WILL be shut down as I get the machine back online.

SM/TP's AUP is pretty stringent and they are well known for reacting to these situations pretty quickly (which I am very thankful for!).
    Well atleast i can't see any fast responce, or I should rather say not any responce other than they are very busy today.
    We eDrive your Business!

Re: Re: Re: what kind of BUSY management SM has?

Originally posted by Goni
    [B]Its a customer's machine, and he's yelling at me because of the downtime. I don't provide free email services its the customer's portal. Now don't start bashing me why my customers doing this, this free email WILL be shut down as I get the machine back online.

Well atleast i can't see any fast responce, or I should rather say not any responce other than they are very busy today.
    No one is bashing you, don't get your panties all in a bunch.

Guess you're stuck waiting... good luck!

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

YourHost, please check your PM if you read this.
    We eDrive your Business!

Also, post on the Server Matrix forums...
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Originally posted by Lucid-Felix
    Also, post on the Server Matrix forums...
    I'll do that also. I wish I can get any attention from there though no emails being answered, no phone calls are returned in a proper way and yes, not support tickets are either updated
    We eDrive your Business!

It seems funny, but why would a company like ServerMatrix totally ignores its customer. I am trying desperately to contact them via email, no replies, trouble ticket, no replies .. phone calls, all I hear is, Sir, they are working on that and sorry thats all I can tell you. Why would they ignore me? This seems like a very poor practice and they are constantly acting on this. No one even bothers to reply to an email !!
    We eDrive your Business!

Perhaps dealing with spammers is not top of their priority list ?
    Invectis - Windows 2000, 2003 and MS SQL Server web hosting

Originally posted by invectis
    Perhaps dealing with spammers is not top of their priority list ?
    See yourself in a situation where you got your server compromised and the spammer sends tons of emails using your machine. What are you for the hosting company, a client or a spammer? If a client, they should honor it and atleast reply to your situation whatever that is rather than a total ignore. And if you are a real spammer ... I bet you would never like to go with companies like these ..

just my 2 cents
    We eDrive your Business!

They have the right to unplug the server but ignoring client is a very bad practice.

It is not just once but many of them have complaint regarding that in WHT. You should do on more research before joining them. Like I said, if you are fond of TP bandwidth, buy it from tailoredservers.com or layeredtech.com as they are have more personalised support, which can be negotiated. Dealing with big companies = a lot of procedures, which pros and cons.