[Canada Bank] - What do you think of ING Direct ?

It's an online Bank that seems great.

I want to know if some of you use them for an online business ?

Are they good ? If not which canadian bank do you think is the best for online business ?

Thanks a lot

Cheers,

Matt

http://www.ingdirect.ca/

Hi utsn, check with businessgateway.ca

thanks they might be able to recommend thanks
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

ING is more of a high interest savings account rather than a day to day bank account. I have a couple of accounts there but only for savings.

My day to day banking I do via BizSmart (www.bizsmart.ca) who unfortunately are no longer taking new clients. They are a division of CIBC and offer(ed) No Fee Business Banking. It is true too, I pay nothing for most of my banking needs with them, except for tax submittance services ($2/month) and the usual ATM charges if you don't use a CIBC ATM.

Other than that, if you are a sole proprietor operating under your own name you can open a no fee account at Presidents Choice banking at SuperStore, it is also run by CIBC.

For banking under a business name you should check with your local banks and credit unions for best rates, I find they all try and soak business/commercial clients a little more than normal. I had an account at HSBC for a couple of years which I finally let close when I no longer was making any transactions and they were still dinging me $16/month for the pleasure.
    Dynanet Network Services - 206-607-9075
    We Do Hosting - Established May 2001
    http://www.dynanet.ca/

Originally posted by Dynanet
    ING is more of a high interest savings account rather than a day to day bank account. I have a couple of accounts there but only for savings.

My day to day banking I do via BizSmart (www.bizsmart.ca) who unfortunately are no longer taking new clients. They are a division of CIBC and offer(ed) No Fee Business Banking. It is true too, I pay nothing for most of my banking needs with them, except for tax submittance services ($2/month) and the usual ATM charges if you don't use a CIBC ATM.

Other than that, if you are a sole proprietor operating under your own name you can open a no fee account at Presidents Choice banking at SuperStore, it is also run by CIBC.

For banking under a business name you should check with your local banks and credit unions for best rates, I find they all try and soak business/commercial clients a little more than normal. I had an account at HSBC for a couple of years which I finally let close when I no longer was making any transactions and they were still dinging me $16/month for the pleasure.
    What would you recommend me for a merchant account ?

ING still requires a regular bank account to link up to. I would strongly recommend using them in conjunction with your regular account so that you can make your money work for you
    Hockey is Life

Originally posted by utsn
    What would you recommend me for a merchant account ?
    I'm using Firepay (originally via Quickbooks Pro) as my merchant provider, this was easiest to setup via Quickbooks when I was using that, I'm using ModernBill now for billing/invoicing and it ties to the Firepay gateway as well. My real books are now being kept by my accountant using Simply Accounting so I've ditched Quickbooks entirely.

I'm not quick to recommend Firepay mind you, they aren't the most expensive out there but not the cheapest either, also they started charging a $35/month fee a short while back on top of the 3.5% + 35cents a transaction they charge, plus they hold back 5% for 180 days as a rolling reserve to cover any chargebacks.

I recently added Paypal as a payment option for clients due to a few requests for that service, seems to work well and it's actually cheaper to accept a payment that way for me.

I'm debating hunting down a new merchant gateway provider, Firepay does provide the merchat account for Visa/Mastercard for me now but I'm sure I could save a few bucks elsewhere. I did check out the banks (moneris.ca) and the hassle and costs involved kept me with Firepay.
    Dynanet Network Services - 206-607-9075
    We Do Hosting - Established May 2001
    http://www.dynanet.ca/

InternetSecure.com
    Hockey is Life

If you are looking for a solid and reputable Canadian bank I would recommend either Bank of Montreal or TD Canada Trust

Originally posted by BVS
    If you are looking for a solid and reputable Canadian bank I would recommend either Bank of Montreal or TD Canada Trust
    RBC is where it's at!

I would strongly recommend PSIgate.com for a Canadian merchant account. I switched from InternetSecure to PSIGate.

The support at IS and PSI is top notch, but PSI's product (the account it self) is FAR superior in many ways to the offerings of InternetSecure

Does anyone recommend www.authorize.net ? any experienes with them? thanks
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser