Linux Questions - Please help

Im sick and tired of the virus that you have to be worried about with windows and the openings in windows to have viruses made.

I want to know what is the differences between linux and Windows OS and can programs that run on Windows run on Linux (Some of my programs are like Macromedia Studio Mx, Adobe PS, Call Of Duty- Games)

Is it better performance for games and multimedia and programs all around?

It is safer correct as far as viruses concern?

Is there anything you cant do on linux that you can do on windows or vice versa?

Also you can use Internet Explorer and stream media and DL media to correct?

Which Linux is the best?

your so far off its amazing.
    first of all: http://www.google.com/linux << try here
    then here: http://www.linuxquestions.org/

Now lokodezine windows and linux are two different OS's.

"It is safer correct as far as viruses concern?" << yes, there are few to none viruses for linux right now, and they are fixed much faster. you dont need to run an anti-virus if you run linux, however there are some already.

"Is there anything you cant do on linux that you can do on windows or vice versa?" << yes and no. as I said they are two totally different things... you can more or less do everything you want on linux that you do on a day to day manner with windows... play media, browse the web, check email, chat, write doc's, games... 'etc.

"Also you can use Internet Explorer and stream media and DL media to correct?" << nope. IE is just a crappy browser that comes with windows.

this is another browser: http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    there are a lot of others out there as well. IE doesnt run on linux... you can stream and DL media with other browsers buddy...

"Which Linux is the best?" << there is no best one, you need to pick one that suites your needs the best. I suggest SuSE9 for you.

"I want to know what is the differences between linux and Windows OS and can programs that run on Windows run on Linux (Some of my programs are like Macromedia Studio Mx, Adobe PS, Call Of Duty- Games)

Is it better performance for games and multimedia and programs all around?" << NO NO NO NO NO. grrr. programs are made for this OS or that OS... some are cross platform, means they can run on both windows and linux 'etc.... you cant run .exe files on linux.

programs like adobe PS and macromedia studio are just not made for linux. they might have a linux version in the future if the developers of them will want to do that. you can also try running them with wine, and for games wineX.

of course there are a lot of programs and games that are made for linux... for example you have ms-office, and open-office for linux.

search for it, read it.
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Windows apps in linux run thanks to wine, and ofthen there are some limitations to it.
    Lookup games here:
    http://www.transgaming.com/searchgame.php

Lookup apps here:
    http://appdb.winehq.org/

Macromedia studio MX runs preety smooth, but studio 2004 does not yet.
    Photoshop 7 is just fine, but CS does not run yet.

IE 6 runs fine, but without plugins and activeX.

As a rule most of the windows apps do run, but not the latest releases. There are very many native linux apps that one should consider before trying to run windows app on linux.

I use only linux as a desktop for a few years now, and would never switch back to windows. When I sit in front of windows compter I feel very limited.

There is no the best linux. I use SourceMage on desktop and it is the best linux FOR ME.

your so far off its amazing.
    So far off what? The guy comes here asking questions about Linux and he gets insulted and patronized by you. I hope treating another person in that manner made you feel superior for just a moment. That way, at least someone got something out of it.

Originally posted by Andrew
    So far off what? The guy comes here asking questions about Linux and he gets insulted and patronized by you. I hope treating another person in that manner made you feel superior for just a moment. That way, at least someone got something out of it.
    his Q's are far off, to hard to understand?
    I didnt patronize him, I told him to search first... obviously he didnt do a search, thats all. kapish?

and where did I insulte him? come on...
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.