Simple file management, php, mysql

Hi,

I am trying to building a simple file admin utility for a customer for their car contract hire listings.

I am very new to php/mysql so a 'dummies' guide would help.

I have already created a table with fields:
    make, model, co2, monthly amount.. and would like include another field for an image where:

For each record that the customer creates or amends I would like to allow the customer to be able to select from a dropdown menu list of images and choose the appropriate car image relating to that record that will show on the web page when viewed by visitors. I will have already created and uploaded these images to a pre-defined directory for them to choose froom

Your help is very much appreciated

Neil

I am not sure if i understand it right away, please clear me if i have not understood your question.

following code should gather image names from the table and make it listed in a html drop down menu.

Code:
    <?
    $sql = mysql_query("SELECT image from TABLE_NAME");
    // these will gather field name "image" from table_name in
    // an array
    ?>
    <select name="menu">
    <?
    while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($sql)) {
    echo "
    <option>$row</option> // for every element in array to be listed.
    ";
    ?>

You have to close the while tag after the statement.
    I could not edit the post.

Like:

while {
    }

What I need to do is select an image from a directory and then when selected save the image to the table for image to be shown on the web site when visitors view the listings.

Here is a mock up of what how I want it to work:

This is the what the visitor will see, and i would also like a image to show for each vehicle at the beginning of the row
    http://www.netmotivated.co.uk/projects/mysql/index.php

this is the admin interface:
    http://www.netmotivated.co.uk/projects/mysql/admin.php

Here I would like a function to my customer to view a list of images available (which as I said before, I will have already uploaded to a specific directory) and select which one they wish to use for that record. Please note: I have not updated the fields with the correct names an error will occur but you will will see wwhat i am trying to do.

Am I making sense?

Neil