Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Underage Drinker Asks Police For Lift Home

AUSTIN, Minn. -- Proof that too much alcohol can impair your judgment.

A 16-year-old boy has been cited for underage drinking after walking into the police station in Austin early Sunday morning and asking officers for a ride home.

The teen told them he was too drunk to walk.

Officers say his blood-alcohol level was at almost twice the legal limit for driving in Minnesota.

At least we wasnt driving and had the bawlz to ask for a ride home.

It is ironic though.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

They cited him,does this mean they just issued a violation notice???????

I hope he's OK

The Dude

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I think thats pretty lame. He asks for help and they give him a ticket. Most teens spend alot of time avoiding the police, the one that doesnt finds out why most do. Sad.......

I was watching Cops once and a lady flagged down a cop car complaining that some guy had stolen her heroin.
    Apexware Hosting Solutions
    •• www.apexware.com
    ••• LOW Cost Budget Hosting
    •••• www.rockbottomhosting.com

Originally posted by 2Guns
    I think thats pretty lame. He asks for help and they give him a ticket. Most teens spend alot of time avoiding the police, the one that doesnt finds out why most do. Sad.......
    Some police departments simply live by what is called "Zero Tolerance" policies. Usually underage drinking/alcohol issues is on the top of that list as is underage smoking, etc....

If you think you are responsible enough to drink you are definitely responsible enough to pay the consequences.

Ryan Porter, Owner
    Extreme Internet Solutions
    Quality Hosting Solutions -- Affordable Prices
    Providing Fabulous Hosting and Unreal Web Design! Excellence is our focus.

There is no such thing as underage smoking... It's illegal to buy tobacco before 18... not posess.

Originally posted by alapo
    There is no such thing as underage smoking... It's illegal to buy tobacco before 18... not posess.
    The following is a quote taken directly from the Revised Code of Washington State and as such is only enforcable in Washington State:

RCW 70.155.080
    Purchasing, possessing by persons under eighteen -- Civil infraction -- Jurisdiction.
    (1) A person under the age of eighteen who purchases or attempts to purchase, possesses, or obtains or attempts to obtain cigarettes or tobacco products commits a class 3 civil infraction under chapter 7.80 RCW and is subject to a fine as set out in chapter 7.80 RCW or participation in up to four hours of community restitution, or both. The court may also require participation in a smoking cessation program. This provision does not apply if a person under the age of eighteen, with parental authorization, is participating in a controlled purchase as part of a liquor control board, law enforcement, or local health department activity.

***As you Can see, it is in fact illegal to possess under the age of 18 (at least in my home state)***

Regards,

Ryan
    Ryan Porter, Owner

That is so lame. People do things that they wouldnt' do when they are drunk. He must have taught they would go easier on him if he come forward but no...he only made the cop's job easier. lol. Maybe at the time he didn't know they were cops. lol.
    AT least he was askign for help...and in return paid the consquence.

Under-16s here can't buy cigarettes, but there's nothing stopping them smoking them.
    Same with under-16s and alcohol.
    Gone.

Originally posted by indiaberry
    That is so lame. People do things that they wouldnt' do when they are drunk. He must have taught they would go easier on him if he come forward but no...he only made the cop's job easier. lol. Maybe at the time he didn't know they were cops. lol.
    AT least he was askign for help...and in return paid the consquence.
    perhaps he should have held them at gun point and asked for help, maybe they'd have helped him that way

Re: Underage Drinker Asks Police For Lift Home

That really sucks!!
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Maybe if he had stolen the keys to the family car he would not have needed a ride.

If I was an officer sittin at the station and a boy came and asked for a ride home because he was drunk. I'd be glad to. No tickets issued.

Let's put this in perspective.

If you burglarize a house and then decide, "gee, i think i'll give the property I stole back to the police", would you expect the police to let the person go?

Give me a break, the kid was doing something illegal, didn't wanna hoof it home, didn't wanna call his parents so he went to the police, the police didn't force feed him the alcohol.

The kid had it coming.
    Ryan Porter, Owner

you have to think about what's better to a teen's point of view.. if they want kids to stop drinking and driving, this isn't the way...

no matter what you can say, it just makes more teens not want to ask for help (in any respect).
    I specialize in neck beards
    https://thatshirt.com

Reminds me of this story about this woman who came to our school years back to talk about her addiction to drugs. She said she was addicted to crack and everything like that.

One day she said she was sick of it.. Seen a police and told the police she was a drug addict and asked him where she could get help at.. Instead of helping. He took her to jail on some kind of charges..

Nice way to get her to stop huh?
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me

Thats pretty stupid. I mean, the police should've given the kids parents a ticket instead. Not the kid. You can guarantee that kid will NEVER ask for help from the police again. I guess next time he might walk home He might walk into the middle of the highway, but hey, ohwell.

Originally posted by ExtremeIS
    Let's put this in perspective.

If you burglarize a house and then decide, "gee, i think i'll give the property I stole back to the police", would you expect the police to let the person go?

Give me a break, the kid was doing something illegal, didn't wanna hoof it home, didn't wanna call his parents so he went to the police, the police didn't force feed him the alcohol.

The kid had it coming.
    except what this kid did, didn't harm any other person in the world.

the cops saw a free 'ticket' and took thier chance.
    Im glad the cops in my town aren't such dicks. ANY person who is too drunk to drive can call the police and get a ride home.
    This saves lives.

That's in the spirit of the law, I suppose.

But then from the looks of it, in the letter of the law the boy already was in the wrong.

Probably would have been better to have given the boy a verbal reprimand for drinking, and not pursue the matter.
    #include<cstdio>
    char*s="#include<cstdio>%cchar*s=%c%s%c;%cint main(){std::printf(s,10,34,s,34,10);}";
    int main(){std::printf(s,10,34,s,34,10);}

hm, well i know in leicester, england if any child did that, the police would drive them home
    People says its illegal that hes drunk?
    Well, i know full well, We have underage drinkers ( from 13 upwards ) drinkin on the parks Every single day around my areas, and the community police, Just converskate the alchahol, or take the children home, my god thats just stupid whats happend there!

Originally posted by mr_wuss

the cops saw a free 'ticket' and took thier chance.
    Im glad the cops in my town aren't such dicks. ANY person who is too drunk to drive can call the police and get a ride home.
    This saves lives.
    You are exactly right.

The young man who was arrested (probably humiliated as well) will only have a negative view of police for a long time forward.

Police are there just to make sure the law is followed, not provide judgements. Therefore if somebody goes to the police for help for something such as drugs, they are going to the wrong people. They are right to send them a fine, as they are breaking the law...that is what the police HAVE to do. If they need help, they go to an agency which deal with the kind of problems.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing Banner Ad Designer!
    Need banners? Visit our Website
    New Facebook Banner Ads! Bannaz.com/facebook

Originally posted by Scenes
    Police are there just to make sure the law is followed, not provide judgements. Therefore if somebody goes to the police for help for something such as drugs, they are going to the wrong people. They are right to send them a fine, as they are breaking the law...that is what the police HAVE to do. If they need help, they go to an agency which deal with the kind of problems.
    Reality and the law are two different things.

First of all this is a drunk teenager that was looking to get a ride a home. Nothing more.

This being mothers day, how many mothers will wake up in the morning wishing thier teenager had done the same thing?

If the police act this way, they wont ever ask them. They will take the chance of driving or riding with other drunk teenagers.

Originally posted by cPanelSubs
    Reality and the law are two different things.
    You are very much mistaken. When it comes down to it, the law is there to be abiden to, no matter how bad or good the police feels.

If the police doesn't agree with the law, it doesn't mean he can simply let by a murderer because he beleives people are free beings.

The policeman would of been right to the give the lad a caution, as he was breaking the law.
    Bannaz™ | Amazing Banner Ad Designer!
    Need banners? Visit our Website
    New Facebook Banner Ads! Bannaz.com/facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast