Remotely Start/Stop Windows Service

I'm trying to figure out how to remotely start/stop a windows service.

What i am looking for is I setup a url for the server on a specific port, the user can then gain access to the service via the URL and if the user logs in with the correct username and password the service i want him to be able to control shows up in a I guess would be java applet and form there the user can stop and start the service.

I know it exists but for the life of me can't figure out how to set it up

the server os is Windows 2003 standard

This to accomplish in two ways

1.Install remote desktop utilities like remote desktop in windows 2003/XP, Terminal Service in a Windows 2000.
    After you can access that computer to do what you need.
    To restart remote systemís service, Go to computer management ->select computer icon->Connect to another Computer->

Type user name as administrator and password. Here no need of administrator any user name with administrative privilege.
    Go to services and Application->services->right click needed service Start/stop/restart.

Hope this may resolve the problem.

24 / 7 Technical Support
    Bright Info Solutions

thank...yep that is one way and i can do it that way

but i know there is a way to set it up so you can have so somone can login via a web interface and only have access to specific services , based on their login ...this is what im trying to accomplish

The Controlpanel I use Hosting Controller has the admin function to reboot or to start stop the services online through web interface. Maybe u can try this out.

Dear Nihil,

You can check out the following links

for further details.
    Quite, Cool & Adjustable, But Dangerous
    I Love Microsoft