Good webhosting service

What's a good place out there that's definately good for having your site hosted on and stuff?

You could try using HOST QUOTE and then searching for information on the companies that reply.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

There are quite a few good hosts out there (and a lot of bad ones too unfortunately).

http://findmyhosting.com/AdvancedSearch.asp might also help, but definitely do searches on these forums as miakeru pointed out.

Good luck!

You should try Host Quote on WHT or Google SE search

I can suggest NationHosts.com and EcpHosting.com they are both excellent hosts!

I don't know if it is a good habit or not, by I always recommend my current host.

Try ultraunix.net
    New site: www.talkutas.com

I can suggest NationHosts.com and EcpHosting.com they are both excellent hosts!
    Obviously a lot has changed with ECP since your recommendation. Approximately 16 of my clients websites have been down for about a week now and their support has been non-existant. Unless this is something you are willing to deal with then definitely stay away.
    http://www.ModernDomains.com
    Many one-word domains and excellent branding solutions for your business

Originally posted by Momentum
    Approximately 16 of my clients websites have been down for about a week now and their support has been non-existant.
    Our apologies for your inconvienience with our service, however the only reason we would take your sites down is if a reasonable attempt has been made to contact you in reference to a billing debt and no reply was made or a violation to our TOS. We have always worked with all cases, never intending to take a site down, and working to keep a site alive.
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

I would recommend www.powweb.com as always, that's the only hosting provider I am happy with.

Originally posted by HQHost
    You should try Host Quote on WHT or Google SE search
    I prefer Google Se first and then ask about it on WHT.