Is there a way to get your domain name if

your host used bulkregister?

I had a domain hosted a while back and I was never given a way to access the domain name information. I canceled my account a while back and now I'm thinking of using the domain name with a dynamic dns service so I can run apache off my home computer.

The domain name lists me as the administrative contact. I beleive I own the domain name but I'm not sure.

How would I go about getting my domain name? Am I going to have to just wait until it expires and then pay for it again?

You need to aquire administrative access to your domain. You have to go to whoever registered the domain name to you, and ask them for this. You can then go to the ICANN registar with administrative access, and change your nameserver, and whatever else you wish.

What if they don't give me access to it? I'm no longer a customer of theirs. How can I find out if I own it?

Do you mean I need to talk to bulkregister or the web host I used to use?

You paid for it, you are listed as administrative contact. I understand you are no longer a customer, but all you have to do is go state you are a former customer, and would like administrative access to your domain name. If they don't, then contact the Registar they use, and compain. It is your right.

Ok thanks man! I will do that. Hopefully I don't get screwed.

The domain name is my real life name so I'd like to keep using it.