Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search Colocation Finally 100mbits

Hello,

I have been looking for for a long time colocation with fullrack and one full 100mbits total

I have been watching many companies, I show those to you that have interested to me.

X - InfoLink.com: It seemed to me very good the one of fullrack+100mbits by $1500, I called to them by telephone and they said to me that indeed he was 100mbits total, but today I have called again and they have said to me that at the most I will be able to consume 30mbits since 'shared' is a line. If I want 100mbits total I will have to pay $3500. So I discard this company.

-> - HE.NET: HE.NET offers fullrack more to me 100mbits total by $2500 (suppliers: Equinix, Hurricane, Paix, Level3, TeleHouse)

-> COGENTCO.COM offers fullrack more to me 100mbits total by $3000 (s¨ppliers: Cogent. Uptime guarantees 99,99%)

-> BURST.NET offers fullrack more to me $2950 (suppliers: Level3, BTN Access, Cogentco, XO, Global Crossing)

I would like to know your opinions and experiences of each one and cuala are your professional recommendations.

I wait for your answers,
    Very Thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

all three are on the 'as cheap as it gets' side. since you seem to serve the european market, you need to care about the quality of transit to there. neither of these companies would garner a recommendation from me in terms of quality and reliability. i would suggest bumping up your budget to about $4000-4500 so you can get decent quality connectivity.

paul
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with rusko. A lot of times you see people throw large amount of low quality bandwidth at their network because they feel its' the best buy. Hey, 100mb for the price of 30 with another carrier is a great deal, right? Except not if you can only get 30 instead of the 100, or if the 100 you do get, sucks due to latency and packet loss.... seen it so many times.

If you are serving the euro market, your best bet is to look at the carriers your end users will be on.

That 99.999 sla is great, except not if it's on net only.
    if you are on net to less than 1/2 a percent of all the routes???
    that's bad news for you and your network.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

a friend has been for a year in CogentCo, is of colocation with fullrack more 100mbits, is very contented according to says uptime is of 99.4%, is satisfied.

But I want to choose between CogentCo and I HE, since they say that Burstnet is very bad.

i wait for your answers
      0 Not allowed!

Do you have more options than those 2?

A top performing circuit might serve your needs better than more bandwidth.

How's his numbers on packet loss or latency?
      0 Not allowed!

me can recommend something you of colocation 100mbits full by the price of less or equal of $3000?
      0 Not allowed!

If you are fixed on bargain co-location, Cogent is going to be your best bet. Realistically, though, you should look into spending closer to $4000 / mo if you want to be multi-homed, have on-site staff, and a diverse network.
    You also need to consider what equipment you will be co-locating. If you are running 2U or larger servers, 20A of power is probably fine; but I am told that HE, for example, cannot provide more than 20A per cabinet. 20 servers is pushing it at 20A, and if you want to fill a rack with 1Us you will need 40A, or more if you are using a lot of power-hungry multi-processor boxes.
    Jeff at Innovative Network Concepts / 212-981-0607 x8579 / AIM: jeffsw6
    Expert IP network consultation and operation at affordable rates
    95th Percentile Explained Rate-Limiting on Cisco IOS switches
      0 Not allowed!

If you are fixed on bargain co-location, Cogent is going to be your best bet. Realistically, though, you should look into spending closer to $4000 / mo if you want to be multi-homed, have on-site staff, and a diverse network.

You also need to consider what equipment you will be co-locating. If you are running 2U or larger servers, 20A of power is probably fine; but I am told that HE, for example, cannot provide more than 20A per cabinet. 20 servers is pushing it at 20A, and if you want to fill a rack with 1Us you will need 40A, or more if you are using a lot of power-hungry multi-processor boxes.
    jsw6 brought up some important points.

For instance, with Cogent/PSInet data centers, some if not all of their facilities are NOT manned 24x7. Sure you have access 24x7, but thats because someone has to be contacted during after hours and weekends, so they can come down to meet you and let you in.

Also, I don't know that Cogent/PSInet will allow you to bring in any other carriers bandwidth as a secondary for failover or blending purposes. Consider going with a carrier-neutral facility, or a data center that offers multi-homed bandwidth.

In addition, if you are using servers that have dual power supplies and/or multiple processors, power is going to be key.

-R
    Hosting&COLO.COM -- Toll Free: (888) 473-1831
    Affordable colocation in Los Angeles. Yes, we have Mzima Bandwidth!
    "If you quit before you've given it 100% you will be very disappointed in yourself for the rest of your life."
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with Rusko. bump it up to $4000/month + if you want quality.
    Webby Enterprises LLC
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated and Colo from Orlando, FL and Saint Louis, MO
    In the business since 1997!
      0 Not allowed!

Pay a few bucks more and get a quality network.
    ReliableServers.com
    ╗ Dedicated Servers | Colocation | Cloud ╗ Servers | CDN
    ╗ 1000 Gbps Network | New Jersey DataCenter
    ╗ 973-849-0535
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

I do not want to pay more, I want to pay less or equal of $3000,

A friend for a year he has been in cogentco and he says that goes very well, others say that they have bad fame, as are its REAL problems?

They say that single it comes from a line, but anyway says that it guarantees more of a 99% of uptime. In which we were?

Soon they say that HE.NET ($2500) is very good, offers BGP and line of several suppliers, but I am seeing right now post of UPS that have fallen and they have everything down ?

to orient to me PLEASE
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

yes, he is for 40 servers 1U that each one consumes every month a 700GB, I need 100Mbits full
      0 Not allowed!

You probably don't need a full 100Mbps. You'll need 2.8TB only if everybody uses all the bandwidth.

You could take a look at this too, it's still here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=256625
      0 Not allowed!

I need 100mbits, I make sure it
      0 Not allowed!

If you need full 100mbps, you should look into getting GigE drop.

But I can also make sure if you're selling the servers as dedicated ones, then you won't need 100Mbps of transit, but you'll need a 100Mbps link.
      0 Not allowed!

I feel much Mfjp, I do not understand to him, to that one talks about with "GigE drop" and connection of 100Mbps? we can speak by msn please?

i wait for your answers
      0 Not allowed!

comers, you should be aware that the HE.Net deal only provides 15A of power (Jeff is right, but it's actually 15A, not 20A.) They won't provide you more power with that deal, so you won't be able to put in more than 12-15 servers before the circuit trips.

Of those, I'd say Cogent is probably the best deal. Personally, I wouldn't use Cogent, though... I'd raise my budget. Also, 99.4% uptime is 4 1/2 hours of downtime per month (edit: per month, not per year!) That's a lot of downtime, even for a budget provider. (You can convert percentages to hours of downtime at http://www.easyuptimecalc.com/.)

-Erica
    Last edited by ericabiz; 05-03-2004 at 10:52 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

so that you would not choose Cogent?
      0 Not allowed!

HE.net is *not* 3000 for 100mbps + 40 1U servers. neither is cogent/psi, because of the power costs. additionally, you will have extra costs for reboots and remote hands.

we told you that those solutions are not acceptable for what you are trying to do. you dont want to take our advice - fine; however, we are not going to change our minds because you do not like the answer to the question you asked.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

Simpli-Erica so that you would not choose Cogent? why┐┐??
      0 Not allowed!

rusko you are mistaken, I already I have in my power auto power reboot apc, the servers, switch, etc
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by comers
    Simpli-Erica so that you would not choose Cogent? why┐┐??
    Because I prefer bandwidth providers that stay up 100% of the time (or as close to it as possible!)

Then again, I would also pay more than $3000/month for 100Mbit bandwidth...
      0 Not allowed!

rusko you are mistaken, I already I have in my power auto power reboot apc, the servers, switch, etc
    tell that to the client who has to wait for a psinet noc monkey to drag his butt out of bed and drive/ride the train to the datacenter to do a manual fsck =]

paul

0 Not allowed!

Simpli-Erica I meet two who has fullcabinet with 100mbits and says there that uptime is insurmountable. In addition they in the Web guarantee the 99,99%, on that you are based to say that us you would choose them by uptime?
      0 Not allowed!

Cogent has a 99.99% uptime SLA

What they do NOT have is 99.99% uptime. You keep asking Erica why she wouldn't use Cogent and she told you: over 4 hours of downtime per month is unacceptable to most clients and that's exactly what you will get with Cogent. Some people have had good experiences with Cogent, others have had horrible experiences. Buying bandwidth from only Cogent is a gamble plain and simple.
      0 Not allowed!

If you're plugging 40 servers in that all use up 700 GB - 1000 GB of bandwidth per month, then you *MUST* be able to afford to pay 4,500.00/m - 5,000.00/m unless for some reason you have some horrid financial planning.

Just take the step up, and pay the extra money for the better provider, in the long run, your customers will be VERY happy.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz
      0 Not allowed!

Friend HighCommit, 99.99% of uptime seconds supposes downtime 4 minutes 27 seconds /month ....
      0 Not allowed!

Simpli-Erica I meet two who has fullcabinet with 100mbits and says there that uptime is insurmountable. In addition they in the Web guarantee the 99,99%, on that you are based to say that us you would choose them by uptime?
    I like Cogent. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of being single-homed, but I am impressed with their engineering staff and believe them to be an excellent network for many applications. I wouldn't co-lo with them, though. They don't aim to provide the level of service you get with facilities who have 24x7 staff, and I would certainly not wait for a technician to commute to my co-lo if I had customers down.
    Jeff at Innovative Network Concepts / 212-981-0607 x8579 / AIM: jeffsw6
    Expert IP network consultation and operation at affordable rates
    95th Percentile Explained Rate-Limiting on Cisco IOS switches
      0 Not allowed!

uppppppppp
      0 Not allowed!

UPPPPPPPPPP
      0 Not allowed!

bumping posts is against forum rules. beyond that, the reason people are not that interested in replying is that you ignored our advice because you didnt like the answers.

paul

0 Not allowed!

you do not understand

we are going to see.... are requesting an opinion, an advice, are requesting to know as he is better, CogentCo, BurstNet or HE.net

thanks
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

they have not said anything clear.

They have said that HE.NET is very good... soon say that they do not give 40AMP (To my [email protected] me to saying for hours if is possible).

Soon say to me that CogentCo is very bad when I see that they guarantee 99,9% uptime in the SLA and that cogent in all america has several backbone and in addition friends mine have and are contentments very good.

Soon they say that BurstNet is very bad, and soon say that he was bad before, now already to no.

Mans... Gentlemen... , we did not speak of games or babys..., we spoke of business serious, of strong investments, to give advice and clear opinions and with certain experiences, to say something that do not know safe, please do not say anything.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Use the search button to seach for all the threads about HE.net, Cogentco and Burstnet...

Not to be rude or anything, but you dont' seems to understand enough about colocation in general. Without some basic understanding, you would not understand the differences even if you keep asking
      0 Not allowed!

you say to everything in technical terms, but with a base of logic and experience, calm you who I will understand it, if I will not study to understand it it
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

I understand them perfectly
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast