Would this work?

I have been thinking of ways to sell more reseller hosting accounts and wondered if you guys think that adding a cheap domain reselling account would make the package all the more inviting and popular? How cheap would domains have to be to really prove to be a great deal as an "addition" to a hosting account?
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

selling domains even at cost makes better chances.

although some loss leaders out there are selling lower than cost to sell more other services
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

so for instance if I offered a free $6.79 account this would likely help my chances of getting reseller hosting accounts?
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

I would think if you can have a good support to the domain accounts as well. This will give you a better chance.

As you can definitely provide top-notched support for your own server, you might not be able to handle Many unforeseen issues on domain registration. Most likely, you still have to rely on the registrar that provide you with the service.

If you can get a good grip on this point, I am sure your package will be fantastic.

Good Luck

>> free $6.79 account ...

Interesting! Where would you get this. This means you would buy them from source, so to say, and then develop your own reseller software? I have seen deals as low as $6.31, however, not coming with software that allows resellers ... well, maybe that Spanish company for $6.39 -- is it them ...or that Chinese company whose name is banned on this list (never got their API working)?

places like www.myvaluehost.com offers domains for $4.00, and lots of people seem to go there. It will attract people to your site, but I dont know how many and it also depends on your TOS for purchasing domains.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

Originally posted by hometownhosting
    so for instance if I offered a free $6.79 account this would likely help my chances of getting reseller hosting accounts?
    i think it would increase reseller hosting sales
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

I was just thinking of using my directi account. It allows resellers to create resellers....
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

same with enom its possible and i do it for each hosting reseller i provide free enom reseller account.