Question Hosting For A Specific Industry

Do any hosting companies here have a model in which they target a specific industry? For example real estate, insurance, etc. I see a lot of companies use this strategy and I'm curious to how it has worked vs. other forms of targeting.

Well in this process its overall a great one. Targeting business is the best for long term client base. These clients usually stick with you for the long haul instead of a non-commercial site.

I have seen for example, with real estate, the hosts may be able to offer features or tools that are specific to that industry and benefit the customer. I'm curious to hear experiences from people.

Definitely it will be easier for you to focus on a specific market. E.g. real estate.

You will also be able to upgrade your system/programmes to suit their needs. As many of the clients do recommedation via WOM. This will allow you to have a stand above those who have diversified their business to all industries.

Besides going to different industries, you can also target a different group of individuals. E.g. sportsmen, pregnant women/family and etc.

Hope it helps

I know there are a few that target church websites and I think there are some that just do blog hosting, although I cannot remember the names
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

It does seem to make the marketing effrots a little easier for companies. To have a company that says "we provide service for everyone" seems way too broad of a plan.

It is done sometimes, as someone said there are hosting firms that focus on religious web sites or non-profits, etc. The marketing and bundling/customizing features is a plus with this model. I would say, however, that one of the benefits to diversifying is that when the economy takes a turn and negatively effects certain industries and company sizes, you still have other clients who are doing well (who were less effected by the economic change).
    JC, www.webii.net
    Premium Hosting Services Since 1996
    Custom Development- www.webxess.net

For "easier", I do not mean business will flow in by your words. I mean you have a better focus and thus you can present your case better than anyone else which provide service say to anyone who pays.

I would think that by being focused on a particular industry, it doesn't mean you don't accept deals from other customers. I would think that the MAJORITY is from what you focus on. Of course, you still can do part of the selection.

Oh if anybody is seeking christian orientated sites what about that *christian based webhost* called data packet or data pick or pick of data? I have seen his name around..

Might be worth taking a look at

With 2 hosts side by side and one deals mostly with the industry I am in, I would definitely go with that host. Even if there is not a huge difference, I would feel like they have a better understanding of my needs/concerns. Just an assumption. Don't you think?