Thread: 56K Survey

Post 56K Survey

Hi All,
    I know this may not be the best place to ask but I just wanted to get a rough idea.

How many people do you think are still using a 56K Modem?

I know a lot of you will be on broad band but if you think of friends etc...

thanks in advance!

I don't recall the source, but I remember reading an article last month about America being beyond Europe in terms of the adoption rate of broadband.

If my memory is correct, towards 70% of the U.S. is still on dial up.

Thank you.
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Castle Pines, CO

Thanks for the pointers.

WellI am in Europe and yep I think we are probably agead of the states in take up of broad guys have always had "free" local calls so i guess people are stuck in their ways a bit...

I checked out the link and i maybe reading it wrong but heres what I found:

Just incase anyone else is interested!

Web Connection Speed Trends - Home Users (US) FEB 04
    14.4K = 5 percent
    28.8/33.6K = 10 Percent
    56K = 40 percent
    Broadband = 40 percent

These are approx as the graph is hard to read but gives a general idea....

Thanks again for the info and the link....

Vancouver Island, BC

I'm still on 56K dialup here, although I do have it connected 24/7 since I used to work for the ISP. The ETA for a broadband connection here is August, finally we'll have DSL at least and as soon as it's available I'll be signed up. We've been on the waiting lists for both cable and telco broadband for about 5 years now with the telco finally committing to bringing it to us.

Good timing for them too, if by this time next year we had no broadband solution on the horizon then we were looking at putting our house up for sale and moving to somewhere with access. I'm glad it's coming because I really do like our house and the only thing missing is that broadband link.

I tried satellite, turned out a lot of the time the dialup was faster anyway!
    Dynanet Network Services - 206-607-9075
    We Do Hosting - Established May 2001