Shopping Cart for Software Downloads

After looking around at all of the different Shopping Cart / E-Commerce solutions, I'm uncertian on what I actually need.

I need a Script to manage Downloadable goods only. Payment would be mostly PayPal, with 2Checkout and others added at a later time.

Any suggestions on an E-Commerce soultion for this?

Thanks!

Have you checked out osCommerce? You can also review a loaded osCommerce cart here: http://oscommerce.snappyserver.com/

Oscommerce is a good choice for this. It has several download controller contributions, and has modules for just about every payment system on the planet.
    -= System Administrator Windows/Linux - MCDST, MCP =-
    www.VETCOELECTRONICS.com

You can also look at digiSHOP. The can build on custom modifications for downloadable products. Some key points to consider:

1) Does this download URL need to expire after a set time?
    2) Does the URL get sent to the customer immediately after purchase or after your review the order?
    3) Fraud is a big problem with downloads, do you have fraud prevention system in place (i don't mean AVS because most people stealing credit cards have the billing address and CVV code). The guys at digiSHOP have experience in setting up some custom fraud protection methods.

Hello,

PHPshop has downloadable products inherently in its capabilities. Also take a look at osCommerce with the appropriate mod installed.

Theres a really nice solution which utilizes mambo CMS which has a phpshop module installed. Works really well as it allows you to manage your content, create a unique design and the phpshop module gives you all the shopping functionality you may require..

Hope this helps...

I've dealt with OSCommerce in the past however I need to be able to incorporate this Cart system into an HTML/PHP/ASP site.

The OsCommerce CMS would do the job fine, but for this situation it would be a nightmare to convert over to the CMS.

I'm checking on a few systems now, hopefully one of these will do the trick!

Thanks!

I'm sorry...you have a site thats PHP/HTML/ and asp all in one????

Seems a bit odd.

any info on solutions that have been explored a bit more for software downloads?

My company is looking to setup a download only site, and one of the options that we want is the ability to email the product that they purchased as an option, instead of just telling them to download it to their desktop.

How large is the "download"?

Try Zen-Cart or phpshop -

Both have a great downloadable products manager inherently integrated..

Corey brings up a great question - whats the size of the files ?

Files can range from 250k to zipped files up to a few (3-4) megs.

We are talking to the Shop Site folks right now concerning their product and have a demo site going with their system.

I am also looking at the Zen-cart/oscommerce options, but what we need is something that we can go into risk free (meaning we have close to no cash to start this site up, but will once we launch it), so hosted options such as ShopSite/Miva are looking better for the short term.

There's a few options that we're looking at that we will need to launch the site which will probably need some development on:

Allow customer to select an "email to me" option besides the download link
    upgraded My Account section that will allow you to login and redownload your files in the future
    Each file can have up to 10 different formats, so we're looking for a drop down menu that will allow the customer to choose the format needed, and making sure that this selection is put into the cart once they click on Add to Cart
    If a customer selects many skus that are not already prebundled, give them an option to bundle them together and have the system create a zip file that will include these files

Any feedback on these thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Email me is good for the smaller files but a lot of ISPs might not allow those 3-4M files. You might check out the link in my first site. They have a lot of contributions in their bundled packeg & might be able to help you out.

Clickcartpro has the features that you are looking for. It also supports PayPal and 2Checkout.