Thread: Dynamic IP

Dynamic IP

Finally after 3 days I foud the root of my problem.

I have been having some problem with my sendmail, I would be accepted in some servers and blocked in others.

now I know that I am being blocked because they consider my IP as Dynamic IP.
    I have the same IP since my first day, I use onde DNS server from zoneedit and another of my own.
    how can I solve this problem?
    my ISP won't help at all.
    is there anything that I can do?

Thanks Profetas

Who blocks it? Does your IP have a reverse dns entry?
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Some servers block and give 5.0.0 Spam
    others won't block, like yahoo, hotmail
    then I found out that some spam killers will block dynamic ip. and if check my IP in the spam cop or openrbl.org it will give me my ISP host instead of mine.
    I have reverse DNS for my IP.

Certain blocks of IP's are registered as dynamic by the ISP. This is the case for most dialup, DSL and cable ISPs. You can do 1 of several things.

1.) Try and get your IP removed from these lists. (I doubt you will be able to do this)

2.) Get a different IP from a block that is not marked as dynamic (You will need to talk to your ISP about this.)

3.) Route your mail through your ISP's server. If you using sendmail, look for the DS line in your sendmail.cf. Change it to:

DSmail.yourisp.com

No spaces!

Agreed. You are going to need to route it through your ISP's mail server. On a home network, it is tempting to have it do the routing for all your home machine's mail and be a mail hub, but you really should use it as a queueing machine for messages to be transmitted to the ISP in the event of an ISP outtage.

You pick up a couple benefits of this:

1) All the machines in your home only need to use your internal static address for sending mail instead of being changed everytime you change cable/dsl providers

2) In the event of an ISP failure, your mail server will queue it up regardless of which method you choose.

3) In terms of routing mail, when your ISP IS up, their mail delivery network is going to be more redundant and acceptable to the outside world regardless of what you have plugged into your Linksys. So why not just forward to them and put their equipment to work.
    Thank you,
    WebMasters, Inc.
    http://www.webmastersinc.net

Oh, if you ever decide to switch to something simpler to configure, like Postfix, the relevant line to change there would be:

relayhost = gateway.myisp.domain
    Thank you,
    WebMasters, Inc.
    http://www.webmastersinc.net

The best way in this situation is to set up another static IP on your server

The best way in this situation is to set up another static IP on your server
    Network?
    can I use the same conenction?
    I think the reverse lookup will still finish in dyn ip, who't it?

thanks cuppett, I will try your suggestion.