I am working in Business Development Research Stream of a software organization.This post of mines is being driven by the motive of exploring possibilities for storage solutions in Web Hosting industry.
Can some one throw more light on what kind of hosting providers need storage solutions and what exactly they look into storage solutions provider.
Thanks for the prompt reply but the issues which come across for storage solutions providers who are not products centric is the custom application development cost is always going to be more then the popular products which they buy but they end up paying more when they need to scale that product or customize it according to their needs......
well what i intend to know is what kind of offerings can attract major attention from this web hosting industry as there are not too many hosts who can think of storage.
We are a storage resource management company majorally working on
Storage Resource Management (SMI-S: CIM/WBEM), Virtualization
- SAN Solutions (RAID & LUN management, Security, SAN backup)
- NAS Solutions (CIFS, NFS, NAS Aggregation, Block level snapshot support)- SNIA compliance for existing storage solutions
- Backup & Recovery modules (NDMP, LAN / Client free backup)
- Pursuing RAID implementation for SATA controller
- iSCSI / SCSI / FC / Serial ATA Target & Initiator development and porting (in MAC OSX, Windows, Linux and other
popular flavors of UNIX eg. HPUX, AIX, Solaris, Tru64, FreeBSD etc.)
- FC switch / HBA Management software development
- Device drivers/Kernel Modules/File System Development
- High Availability (Ex: Linux based Heartbeat HA solution)
- DVT (Design validation testing) for FC / iSCSI / SCSI / Serial ATA HBAs
Now i am really looking forward to hosting industry for our offerings.
So for me the need based analysis is the objective.