Storage Solutions..some questions!!

Hello All,
    I am working in Business Development Research Stream of a software organization.This post of mines is being driven by the motive of exploring possibilities for storage solutions in Web Hosting industry.

Can some one throw more light on what kind of hosting providers need storage solutions and what exactly they look into storage solutions provider.

San Diego, CA
    All hosting providers need some sort of storage. It really depends on how much storage they will need that determined their options. The scope of this answer is really big. You may need to revise your questions to be a little more specific and you might get some responses.

Most smaller hosts use a HDD that is in their server for their storage needs. However, it is not uncommon for larger hosts to use storage arrays and distributed filesystems. I guess it all depends on the type of business you are trying to target.

I am looking forward to the host or data centre's for NAS & SAN solutions or whatever they are seeking out in terms of storage solutions no matter how complex or trivial their needs are....

My concern at the moment is to generate some initial enquiries about the same.......

NAS & SAN solutions

One of my friends sells them, hardware and software. What do you want to reserach?

I am representing a company whose core competency is storage solutions and i am looking forward to do some kind of feasibility study about the storage solutions for web hosting industry.....

The market segmentation of hosting vertical in terms of their hosting needs.

Don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps your company should select another person to handle customer and affiliate interaction. I find your posts difficult to read and, given the lackluster quality of the responses you have received, I am not the only one. They seemed filled with marketing lingo, with minimal details about what your company does, provides, and is inquiring about.
    Game Servers are the next hot market!
    Slim margins, heavy support, fickle customers, and moronic suppliers!
    Start your own today!

We are a storage resource management company majorally working on

Storage Resource Management (SMI-S: CIM/WBEM), Virtualization
    - SAN Solutions (RAID & LUN management, Security, SAN backup)

- NAS Solutions (CIFS, NFS, NAS Aggregation, Block level snapshot support)- SNIA compliance for existing storage solutions

- Backup & Recovery modules (NDMP, LAN / Client free backup)
    - Pursuing RAID implementation for SATA controller
    - iSCSI / SCSI / FC / Serial ATA Target & Initiator development and porting (in MAC OSX, Windows, Linux and other
    popular flavors of UNIX eg. HPUX, AIX, Solaris, Tru64, FreeBSD etc.)

- FC switch / HBA Management software development
    - Device drivers/Kernel Modules/File System Development

- High Availability (Ex: Linux based Heartbeat HA solution)

- DVT (Design validation testing) for FC / iSCSI / SCSI / Serial ATA HBAs

Now i am really looking forward to hosting industry for our offerings.

So for me the need based analysis is the objective.

I hope now atleast my posts are clear.