Question How good is a domain reseller?

I wanted to ask that how good is a domain reseller business? Is it profitable? How can you differentiate yourself from everyone on just domain selling?

Pls share your opinions, experienced and non-experienced alike, thanks.

Sorry for posting this on a reseller hosting forum.
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Yaser, I don't own a domain only business, so I can't vouch for the profitability, but I would assume a lot of the margins come from value added services.

If you think about it, there really is only a margin of 1 or 2 dollars a domain. Now that's great if you are one of the big boys that registers hundreds of thousands of domains a year, but it is a pittance to the the average domain site that may register a few thousand at best.

And with the trend of the big hosting companies to sell domains as loss makers so gain market share, it certainly is bleak for startups in the domain industry.

I guess thats why places like go daddy bombard you with value added services, as that is where their research has determined the value is.

You are right Professor. I just read an article on www.thewhir.com how you can add value to your reseller business by domain parking. thanks for the insight. Appreciate it
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser