Please review and make suggestions to my mustang web-site! PLEASE!

We just launched like 4 weeks ago. So we have many things we have to upgrade, but if you know of anything that needs changed, replaced, or added please let me know! Any feedback is greatly appriciated! Thanks to all who respond.

I'm just trying to make this site very competitive with all the other sites on the market. This site features a Vbulletin forum and everything. Its pretty dynamic because users can upload their cars and timeslip data automatically and it will appear instantly.

Let me know of any improvements or anything you think I should make Thanks guys

www.Muscle-Mustangs.com

Visually, the text in the left and right columns (like under Latest News and Testimonials) is too close to the edge of the table. Add some padding on the left. That's my only complaint. Otherwise, it looks good!

Overall, very nice. I like it a lot. I think it will do well. That said, a couple of nitpicks...

Unlike the rest of the site, the forums page has no red on it, and thus looks a little sparse. Perhaps get some red in there?

The site loads sloooooooow. I'm in New York City and on a fast cable modem pipe, so it ain't me (other sites are loading fine for me right now).

The navigation tabs are inconsistent. Some words are left-justified, others right-justified, and products looks kinda centered but too high up. Also, the highlight color for products is different, as is the font. Also, "home" should be the left-most tab.

On the User Rides page, appologize should only have one p.

That's about it.

I like the pictures. You should put more of them though.. just to make it more appealing

Originally posted by jessnpiggy
    I like the pictures. You should put more of them though.. just to make it more appealing
    Thanks man! We are actually going to upload a bunch of tech articles about the cobra-R, GRT, and concepts in just a little while. This way our site will have more info and be more helpful to our members. Tommaro is my last day of college, so I'll be able to bust this site down and get buisy with it.

Well, nice site and good luck on the hosting thing with your boss
    ~Thum2k

Originally posted by sea otter
    Overall, very nice. I like it a lot. I think it will do well. That said, a couple of nitpicks...

Unlike the rest of the site, the forums page has no red on it, and thus looks a little sparse. Perhaps get some red in there?

The site loads sloooooooow. I'm in New York City and on a fast cable modem pipe, so it ain't me (other sites are loading fine for me right now).

The navigation tabs are inconsistent. Some words are left-justified, others right-justified, and products looks kinda centered but too high up. Also, the highlight color for products is different, as is the font. Also, "home" should be the left-most tab.

On the User Rides page, appologize should only have one p.

That's about it.
    Yeah, I just added some red to it. So it will blend with the site a little more!

Also, I'm aware it loads slow, were in the prosses of getting a new server. I'm also going to reduce some of the image sizes. Hopefully that will make it load faster!

Just wondering, but what do you guys think I should put in where it currently says "latest news" I'm going to take that off because its on everypage and everytime I update, I don't want to change every page. Plus I let everyone know the updates on our forum under "site updates" Let me know -k-

The two colours you used are a bit contrastating. I suggest you use different shades if you really want to keep blue and red. You could also narrow down a bit the second header ("Welcome to...")
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

Originally posted by lorandm
    The two colours you used are a bit contrastating. I suggest you use different shades if you really want to keep blue and red. You could also narrow down a bit the second header ("Welcome to...")

Thanks man, were you talking about the "welcome to" sign that was almost in the center of the page? I just took that out a few hours ago. Just because I thought the pic looked kinda pixled and it was like 200KB. So if I lowered the resolution, it would of looked horrible.

I just put a new one up. Its only a little over 20KB. To give the site some more colors than just blue and red. If you take a look at it, the new one isn't as birght as the old blue one I had up earlier. I think it helps tone down the site a little.

I also, shrunk the size of all of the images on the pages. This will help the site load faster I hope.

Thanks everyone, I incorporated a lot of your Ideals into the site! If you notice now, I redid the header image. Instead of at the very top where the "red" streight bar used to be, I made that curve up so I can add the navigation bar and some more cool effects. I also did a light color scheme in the background.

One of you sugested lining up the tab text. like where it says forum, user rides, show pics, etc. I'm having a little trouble with this though. I can line them up, but I want them look look sort of embosed or part of the tab. If anyone can help with this, just let me know

Any other suggestions or comments are welcome!\

BTW: I only made those changes to my main .index page for right now. After I finish that page, I'll incorporate the changes throughout the site. So if you click on some other button, you can see what the header image used to look like.

Well for short HERE is what it used to look like: (an old page I don't use anymore) : http://www.muscle-mustangs.com/john11.html

and here is what it looks like with all of the changes: www.muscle-mustangs.com
    HammerHost.com
    "Hammering Away At The Competition"
    "High Quality Affordable Web Hosting"

I think this site could be a lot more if you completely forgot about the bevelling. It's just too, ugh, sorry to say, 1998? Sorry, I think the site is nice... but the bevel has gotta go.

By the way, I think it looks a little bit better centred. Possibly because of the mood I'm in though

Overall though, it's not bad.

Originally posted by Andem
    I think this site could be a lot more if you completely forgot about the bevelling. It's just too, ugh, sorry to say, 1998? Sorry, I think the site is nice... but the bevel has gotta go.

By the way, I think it looks a little bit better centred. Possibly because of the mood I'm in though

Overall though, it's not bad.

Thanks for the review! I had it all unbevled when I started, but everything just looked so like it was made by a 14 year old or something. I'll play around with it though. Like those blue pieces that are bevled, I'll try to make them look a little less bevled so to say. That might make it look more nicer.

I just didn't like it centered, be cause it looked like it was cutting off the entire left side a little. Plus all the other popular sites, have theirs to the left, not to many are centered!

Keep the reviews comming, I can use all of them. I'll try to experiment with the bevelling tommaro though, to see if I can get it more sharper on the edges and whatnot!
    HammerHost.com

xtremestang1, try doing a mild 1-2 pixel bevel on.. Or if you are in photoshop, maybe it inner shadow. Make the bottom shadow light grey or white and then make the top shadow dark grey or black... but a smaller bevel like 1 pixel or 2 pixels will make it look more high-tech coolness.

I made this image today http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/link.php (look at the last button on the page, the border lighter on top and darker on bottom and very thin.). This is what I was kind of thinking for your site, just light grey or white.. Just brainstorming really

Originally posted by Andem
    xtremestang1, try doing a mild 1-2 pixel bevel on.. Or if you are in photoshop, maybe it inner shadow. Make the bottom shadow light grey or white and then make the top shadow dark grey or black... but a smaller bevel like 1 pixel or 2 pixels will make it look more high-tech coolness.

I made this image today http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/link.php (look at the last button on the page, the border lighter on top and darker on bottom and very thin.). This is what I was kind of thinking for your site, just light grey or white.. Just brainstorming really
    SWEET! I just did what you guys said, and i must say myself, it looks 100X better. You know those blue blocks I had with the dark inner shadow. Well it was on 6px. I took it down to 2px. on each block. I also took the image out under where it said online store and added a much clear, sharper image, with no text!

What do you guys think now?
    HammerHost.com

One last thing, since were on the subject, could one of you give me a hand with my buttons. Do you see how my buttons look like text over my button? Can someone give me a hand and make them look like these buttons on this site: http://www.nakedbandwidth.com/index.shtml You see how they sort of look part of the button with the same color and all? I've tried for hours, and I can't get them to look like that.

Thanks to all,
    HammerHost.com