/etc/hosts question

Well, my /etc/hosts currently is:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    65.254.45.137 server.avalanchestudios.net server
    But each time I reboot, the first line is being rewritten to:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1  server.avalanchestudios.net server localhost localhost.localdomain
    (2nd line remains same)
    server.avalanchestudios.net is my server hostname, and as long as I know it should not resolve to 127.0.0.1, rather to the external Internet IP (65.254.45.137).
    By the way, I use WHM (WebHost Managar) panel, so maybe it's something I have to set there?
    If not, how do I fix this or do I need to fix it at all (I remember that I got a warning with DirectAdmin panel telling that it may make e-mail not working correctly).

While I'm at it, I have another question.
    I have 2 IPs:
    The first one is my server's main IP, and also the IP of primary nameserver. Second one is only for the secondary nameserver.
    Now, since they both actually 'points' to the same server, can I make my /etc/resolv.conf:
    Code:
    And would it work?
    Currently it is:
    Code:
    Thanks in advance.

resolv.conf can be set to use any IPs on the net. We generally use our name server IPs in there.

As for the hostname, yes, you will need to set it in WHM by clicking the Change Hostname link from the side menu. Once you are done that, click the Add an A Entry for your Hostname link from under the DNS Functions menu.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

why would you want to put it as the same thing twice?

yes it would work. no it wouldnt be much use..

try:

Code:
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    nameserver 65.254.45.138

Originally posted by cMark
    resolv.conf can be set to use any IPs on the net. We generally use our name server IPs in there.

As for the hostname, yes, you will need to set it in WHM by clicking the Change Hostname link from the side menu. Once you are done that, click the Add an A Entry for your Hostname link from under the DNS Functions menu.
    Yeah, I had set the hostname from the "Change Hostname", but I never added an A entry for it, it works now, thanks.

And Slidey, that is what I have there now.
    I'll keep it then.

Thanks.