Thread: cameras

cameras

Hi, i am buying a digital camera and was wondering what brand to get and how many mega pixels.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks, Josh

What do you plan on using the camera for? You can spend anywhere from $50 - $10,000 on a digital camera..

Answer these questions and you will get the best replies.

1.) What quality are you looking for (1-10)?
    2.) What is your budget?
    3.) What features are you looking for?
    4.) What do you plan on using the camera for?
    5.) Does size matter? Are you looking for a compact easy to carry camera? Or is quality more important?
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

1.) What quality are you looking for (1-10)?
    good quality, doesnt have to be great but should look good if i upload them to the internet

2.) What is your budget?
    $600 (preferably less)
    3.) What features are you looking for?
    Not sure what kind are there?

4.) What do you plan on using the camera for?
    Taking pictures like a regular camera, uploading them to the internet etc.
    5.) Does size matter? Are you looking for a compact easy to carry camera? Or is quality more important?
    Half and half, i want it to be small but still good quality

Thanks, Josh

I can personally recommend a camera that I have, its 4.1MP, which is decent to whats out on the market now, Its a Canon EasyShare LS443, Has plenty of nice features, extremely easy to use. And will run you about $300 It comes with a nice dock you can just drop it into and hit a button and it will tranfer all your pics over.. It also has an expansion slot up to 512MB SD memory card, I have never had any problems with the thing.. It also records movies, low quality, and are only limited in legnth to what size memory you have in it.. a 128MB card will get you an 8 minute video..

how many pictures on a 128 mb card?

Originally posted by jroy
    how many pictures on a 128 mb card?
    On a 128 Card I can get 101 High Res pictures which are like 2000x1500px The 128MB card you can get for like $30 at buy.com, you can get the 256MB card for like $50 at buy.com

Re: cameras

Hi, i am buying a digital camera and was wondering what brand to get and how many mega pixels.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks, Josh
    I have a Sony Cyber-shot 3.2 mega pixels DSC-P32. My bro brought it to summer camp, got sand all over it, like when you shake it you'll hear the sand inside, but it's still working great. Mostly using it to take pictures and short video clips of my daughter. See samples at ruth.fireywind.com.

I just purchased a very small and very high quality camera from Pentax. The camera is the new Optio s4i. It's 4mp, can record voice, video, and take pictures. Great camera and it only cost $328 with shipping from onecall.com If I'm not mistaken, it's the smalleset 4mp camera out in the market as of this moment.

MakoS
    -M

Do the pictures look good on the internet? because the guy at best buy told me that 3.2 mp and below didnt look good on the internet

Olympus C-740

is it any good?

Judge for yourself The first one might be slightly blurry since I took the picture from behind a smeared window.

http://www.makosolutions.com/IMGP0002.JPG
    http://www.makosolutions.com/IMGP0004.JPG

MakoS
    -M

Do the pictures look good on the internet? because the guy at best buy told me that 3.2 mp and below didnt look good on the internet
    See for yourself -- ruth.fireywind.com/data/media/13/031802.jpg
    Looks fine IMO. That's only 34% of the original image btw.
    Here's one at full size -- fireywind.com/temp/car.jpg
    Last edited by RichardV; 05-02-2004 at 04:53 PM.

If you are looking for very very easy to use camera get Kodak CX6330. Photos are excellent quality (I printed letter size prints and they look perfect). The best thing about it is how simple it is to use. Last year I got some couple thousand bucks worth JVC camcoder and I hardly used the thing as it is not convinient at all so I can really appreciate ease of use of this camera. It goes for around $200 and if you get it you would really want to buy 32MB memory card (about 60 hi-res photos) or two and rechargable batteries, which brings the price to about $300. This camera is very much worth that money.

Ive got a Fuji FinePix 4700, that I got brand new from ebay. It is a 4.7 megaPixel and is pretty tiny. It is really hard to take a bad picture with this camera.
    Last edited by Volcanic; 05-02-2004 at 05:13 PM.

Thanks for the input, so many different types of cameras and so many opinions as to which is the best ;^)

Any one else?

*quote*Sony Cyber-shot 3.2*quote*

i also hav this camera and its probably the best i've ever owned by far

yeah, i heard sony was a good brand, i also heard that olympus and canon were good too

I have an Olympus C-5000 and I really like it.
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

how many megapixel?

Just got a DSC-V1...Well, I ordered one... I'll let you know how it is when I get it
    Orlando Magic--> 05-06 CHAMPS

ok, thanks

Re: cameras

I appreciate your input.

Thanks, Josh
    I bought the Canon Digital Rebel last month and couldn't reccomend anything but it. However, it comes with quite a price tag, but has tons of lenses you can get with it.

Here's a picture I shot with it, the other night.

Sirius
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mymoon2.jpg  
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Hmm.. I'm supprised nobody's mentioned this yet!

Canon A60, A70, or A80.

Very nice camreas, starting at 2mp and chalk full of features.
    [COLOR=dark-blue]Matt Carpenter[/COLOR]
    Offer your clients a brandable FTP upload utility

RichardV, I see that was taken in Beverly Hills. I'm originally from that area (Tarzana, in the valley). It's all about your car in L.A.

thank you for all of your input, i decided to get a olympus stylus 410 all weather digital camera

works great and can even take movies