Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E-Mailing forms

Hey people! I was just reading through the hosting packages and noticed the most basic package lists "Run own CGI with Perl 5.8" now the hosts ftp does not have a directory named "cgi-bin" but it is completly possible that it has accidently been deleted quite some time ago as I remember when the account was setup a friend deleted some folders by accident!

So I have just created a new folder on the ftp named cgi-bin so now the root directory looks like this:

cgi-bin
    logs
    web

Could sombody possibly give me a quick run down of what I need to do here I have never played with cgi before so i'm a total blank here. Looking about, a script will cost me?
    Are there any free ones about?

sounds like you need a new host

and maybe a web designer too!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

Sending a form-> mail is not a thing that is too hard. Any one can set a up a simple php/cgi program for your form to be delivered. If you can not find, you can use a little from me

Hey guys i'm having a little trouble, can somone recommend a script? I have been trying cgiemail accordign to the hosts webiste the server is running redhat so I tried compiling the source and compiling it, when I transfered the correct files over to the cgi-bin directory and tried the test URL I got a "page not found" I have a feeling I did not set the correct permissions on the binary file, (needs to belong to nobody?) would that cause the problem I mentioned?

As I say has anybody used the script I mentioned or recommend a better one? Needs to be free of course.

-Chris

Hi.

I was unable to read all this stuff carefully, but basically:
    php either works or not works.If it works it has been installed at your server and enabled for your folder. I doubt very much that you can change this in any way, unless you get a new host. And I do not believ that any not-suiccidal host will allow cgi scripts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12