* Job in exchange for dedicated server?

Hey,

I am looking for a job (freelance or not) that in exchange, I could get a dedicated server. I have experience with web development and server administration (I am better with server administration). I am not too good at graphics but I can administer a website no problem.

I am a very fast learner. If there is something that I don't know how to do, it does not take me very long to learn myself. Everything I have learned about computers, I have learned myself, yet I have never made any computer crash. I started off by learning about operating systems, then networking, then website development, and now server administration.

Anyone think they have any work for me to do in return for a dedicated server? Have something for me to do that you don't know if I can do? Try me!

Cheers,

Limedrink.
    Last edited by Limedrink; 05-02-2004 at 03:17 PM.

You've never crashed a computer?

It is yet hard to believe. Through all the years that I have been working with computers, and all that I have learned, I never seemed to have damaged a computer accidentily to the point that it would crash. Even the big mistakes that I had made, I was able to fix and recover my computer back to its original state.

Limedrink.

You've never had a blue screen of death, or your computer just freeze? No offence but I call bs on that.
    - 7de5igns

Sorry for the misinterpretation. I meant that I had never crashed a computer to the extent where it would render it unusable and forced to wipe out the hard drive.

Adrian.

Originally posted by Limedrink
    Sorry for the misinterpretation. I meant that I had never crashed a computer to the extent where it would render it unusable and forced to wipe out the hard drive.
    If you have not done that you wont know how to fix it

Cheers,
    rob.

If you have not done that you wont know how to fix it
    I do not know what you mean by that comment. There is more than just one way to fixing a company than wiping its hard drive.

Limedrink.

Limedrink, you are 13 years old. And you are just trying to sound smart! lol. And who would pay $100 a month to get you a dedicated server, for some services? sry....

Limedrink, you are 13 years old. And you are just trying to sound smart! lol. And who would pay $100 a month to get you a dedicated server, for some services? sry....
    Had he wanted to disclose his age, I think he would have. I am only 14, what do you want to say to me?

Correction: 14 years old.

I can guarentee you that I probably have more knowledge about computers than some people over double my age. You should definitely not underestime the intelligence of a person just by their age. Before someone accepts this offer, I can give them a few references to call and then they can see what they think of me. You cannot say that I am not smarter than someone else because I am younger than them. You should not make assumptions without actually knowing me and having an idea about how much I know.

You are only 16, not very far from me, would you have appreciated me making that comment to you?

I agree I am only 14 but no a lot about web design and I am always underestimated.

This post has become very childish I must say.

well im just pointing out, i wouldnt hire you if you were "14". I couldnt even make a legal contract with you.

When I was 14, I was quite knowledgeable in many areas, so I wish the best of luck to all of you. I must say, however, that you're going to find it quite difficult to find employment or even contract work in the industry until your 18 (unless you have good connections and can work onsite where someone will be able to keep an eye on you )

Best regards.