Multiple Questions

Im going to go with EV1 Servers and I need to have Wild Card Subdomain's.

So bassiclly I need to setup a name server that redirects anything that points to *.mysite.com directly to www.mysite.com. How would you do this ?

Also Im going to be running an Shoutcast and IRC Server, I know how to setup a shoutcast server but not so sure about the IRC Side, anyone have some good sites that can help with setting up bots etc..?

Finnally do the control panels like Plesk, CPanel, Ensim cause any stabblitty issues ? I was thinking of getting Plesk 6 installed on the server but dont know about stablity because I know CPanel suks when I used last.

Thanks

Anyone ?

Re: Multiple Questions

You can use a wildcard DNS entry to accomplish what you want, as far as redirecting *.mysite.com to www.mysite.com

I haven't looked into plesk or ensim lately, but have heard that cPanel is still rather unstable and support is lacking (of course, support from your dedicated server provider may make up for this). That being said, it's still a very popular panel and has a relatively large installed base. I've heard good things about DirectAdmin.

-Raj Dutt

Originally posted by LancerVenom
    Im going to go with EV1 Servers and I need to have Wild Card Subdomain's.

So bassiclly I need to setup a name server that redirects anything that points to *.mysite.com directly to www.mysite.com. How would you do this ?

Also Im going to be running an Shoutcast and IRC Server, I know how to setup a shoutcast server but not so sure about the IRC Side, anyone have some good sites that can help with setting up bots etc..?

Finnally do the control panels like Plesk, CPanel, Ensim cause any stabblitty issues ? I was thinking of getting Plesk 6 installed on the server but dont know about stablity because I know CPanel suks when I used last.

Thanks
    Raj Dutt // CEO // Voxel dot Net Inc
    http://www.voxel.net // sales@voxel.net