Thread: Sql Help

Sql Help

Hi I belive im in the correct forum im building a website to sell mobile phone tones etc..... what i need to know is a bit of advice on how to set the database up so that people can send tones etc... straight to their phones from my site without needing to download and datacable it.

I belive i can do this apparently with SQL file but im not 100% certain how to start it can someone assist me please?

Thanks for now Kieran

SQL is the database layer, it will not send / receive anything. You'll have to write some code to interface to your web pages.

i dont suppose you would have any idea what code i have to write im new to this type of coding you see? any help will be appreciated thanks

You will need to search around to find a script that might do what you want or one you can modify to fit, try HotScripts or search on Google etc.

ok thanks m8 i shall see if i can find something , if i get the code what do i do put it on the webpage & then somehow link it to the database?

Your best bet is to go and learn a little php/database coding. There are loads of tutorials and examples on the web. Maybe buy a 'learn PHP' book and do some studying. If you don't want to do this yourself then find someone with php/database knowledge to do it for you.

For your project you will need to be communicating with an SMS gateway - do dome lookups on this subject too.

Best of luck.

thanks for now m8ty u been a good help.

Have a look at sitepoint.com, I'm sure they had a book on dynamic sites using PHP & MySQL.

There's loads of articles & info in the forums.

PS This may be a bit adventurous for a 1st project :-)