Client Admin Panel

I'm looking for a software solution that allows a client to submit changes to a website ... an admin component... it doesn't necessarily have to be livetime, but the client likes to feel he's "making changes" himself ... even though the reality is I have to go in and make it live. I'd prefer something out of the box so I don't have to go to the trouble of creating it for each page in the site myself.

any suggestions?

Vivvy

There are a million Content Management Systems (CMS) out there.

For simple HTML sites, try Page Publisher from Interactive Tools.
    WebFire Solutions

Are you talking about something like frontpage? or mordernbill?

No, I'm not looking for something so they can edit the site... I'm looking for software that can be installed on the site so they can submit changes.... here's an example:

http://www.interactivetools.com/prod...lisher/?x00022

except it's way spendy to use on 50 sites... so i'm looking for something like it, that won't bankrupt me..

Vivvy

btw.. thanks matthew for recommending that.. i had found it also.. i just can't afford $5,000 to run it...

but i do appreciate the help...

Vivvy

Originally posted by Vivvy
    No, I'm not looking for something so they can edit the site... I'm looking for software that can be installed on the site so they can submit changes.... here's an example:

http://www.interactivetools.com/prod...lisher/?x00022

except it's way spendy to use on 50 sites... so i'm looking for something like it, that won't bankrupt me..

Vivvy
    I assume these are clients sites? If so, $100 for a CMS is very reasonable, especially when you are adding it to the cost of your quote.
    WebFire Solutions

50 already exisiting sites... I've either got to hire a person to do data entry and piddly changes I don't have time for anymore, or install something so the client can do it.... and right now I'm so over having employees... i need a better solution...

so.. yes i'll add the cost to each contract as it renews over the next year, but that doesn't change the $5,000 out of my pocket now... I need to find a less expensive solution in the mean time..

Vivvy

Are these sites you designed/developed, or just hosting clients? Either way, I guess I am wondering why you want to implement a CMS for them for free.

Here is another approach at a CMS for what you are doing. You install it on your server only. Then you add clients to it and the client can log in and edit their website, even on a different server. Much more feasible for a web host offering CMS in a package or for developers with many clients.

http://www.interspire.com/webeditplatinum/

Good luck!
    WebFire Solutions

I guess I'm not being clear ...

The real money is in bulk... we all know that... I could have 100 instead of 50 clients if I spent more time out there selling my product.. but selling leaves less time to actually create and update sites.

So, I invest in this kind of software and it gives me more time to engage more clients...because I don't have to handle the tedious stuff... so far my luck with an employee to do tedious simple updates has been dismal and a drain on my pocketbook... therefore I'm looking for a software fix...

Eventually the client will be charged for the software in their next contract cycle, but in the mean time I'm tired of money leaving my pocket.. and want to find something more reasonably priced to take up the slack. I'm guessing there isn't anything since I haven't seen any other suggestions...

Vivvy

Well, there are free CMS's out there. Just do a search on hotscripts.com.
    WebFire Solutions

i guess that was the purpose of asking.. so i wouldn't have to spend time looking...

Vivvy