Anyone Dealt With *********

My hosting site is a couple of weeks out from being ready to advertise (but functional) and have been looking in to different areas of promotion. Host-voice has been suggested and I really like their setup but before blindly sink my $ away, I would like to see if any one has dealt with them. WHT seems to be the best place to get the dirt on anyone.

Thanks
    check!
    (minus the hyphen "-"on the name *********, I previewed before I submitted this thread and their name name was eliminated, should I take that as a sign?)

<<censored for a reason>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 05-02-2004 at 07:01 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes that is a sign that they have been banned from the WHT forums. Many reasons they may have been banned such as spamming the board or not following the rules. I am sure some one can tell you about the company themselves. I have never dealt with them so can't offer an opinion on that.
    Freckle Face
    http://frecklefacehosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

Ok, great, any other promotion suggestions. Not that I think any host in his right mind would give up where he gets his customers but I'm not ready to pay 2K to Top Hosts for a banner. There's gotta be a starting point.... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Thanks for save by the way....
      0 Not allowed!

Well you might have a look through this area of the forum, put in your own request and see what you get back
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...?s=&forumid=27
    Maybe try some google ads thought that can get pricey.
    Try submitting your site to other host directories and there are quite a few that can bring you some traffic, just do a search on google for host directories and then look for some that offer banner placement within your price range.
    Good Luck!
    Freckle Face
      0 Not allowed!

Not intentionaly off the subject but gotta put in a word for Freckle. Checked out your site and gotta say what a great concept you have going. Originality is almost impossible these days with the billions of hosting sites popping up now. 2 thumbs up! I also picked the best looking member of my family to represent my site, my wife will get over it.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks Don, That originality came at a good price too. Maybe you will share your link next time as well. I love looking at other sites and seeing what people do with design. I love graphics and I am always amazed at what can be done with design.
    Freckle Face
      0 Not allowed!

Just a curious question, u type in the offending web site name and it is replaced with ****** immediately when it was posted?
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I did not know it was the offender though, I saw it was **** when I previewed my post but the subject was still in tact till I posted.
      0 Not allowed!

Freckled, look at the buttons below the post's, they include private mail along with www.
      0 Not allowed!

Freckle, You use WWD and AP, bless your heart! AP V3 will be out within the next few weeks which utilizes the WWD API with $6.99 min compared to enom $8.95 min. Rumor is $1000 but is crap, only $100 like Enom but with the yearly $99. I live down the road from WWD (godaddy) and enlightened them on AP, they contacted Brandee almost before I hung up, the rest is is history. They never heard of AP prior but jumped all over their billing system soon as they had word. At least we will be able to compete with the Enom resellers now. We can set our pricing as we need. WWD is much better than Enom as far as user's go and pricing......We're in now....

Yeah my site is a mess, stiil under construct...be nice......
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Don7t
    Freckle, You use WWD and AP, bless your heart! AP V3 will be out within the next few weeks which utilizes the WWD API with $6.99 min compared to enom $8.95 min. Rumor is $1000 but is crap, only $100 like Enom but with the yearly $99. I live down the road from WWD (godaddy) and enlightened them on AP, they contacted Brandee almost before I hung up, the rest is is history. They never heard of AP prior but jumped all over their billing system soon as they had word. At least we will be able to compete with the Enom resellers now. We can set our pricing as we need. WWD is much better than Enom as far as user's go and pricing......We're in now....

I did visit your site and loved it, just the right amount or everything and I love the colors.

Thank you so much for the heads up on WHMAP I love that program and hope to get on the reseller program soon for my reseller clients. I am really excited about the API integration with WWD. Now I am really looking forward to the new version.

So you are in Arizona then, we will be moving there in July. I am looking forward to the warm summers again and the mild winters.

So watch out Don some competition is coming your way soon.
    Freckle Face
      0 Not allowed!

The only thing I worry about is someone taking a picture of my girlfriend and running out of beer.
      0 Not allowed!

LOL ok which is it wife or girlfriend or am I missing it and you are worried about the wife seeing a picture of the girlfriend.
    Freckle Face
      0 Not allowed!

Your crazy for moving here during the middle of July, it s hotter than H*** then. Even in the shade, you can barely breath the air. My girlfriend and wife hate each other which seems to work to my advantage. (ex wife, or witch)
    Where are you moving from? Sounds like another reason to drink beer, I luv beer man. We should hook up and I can show you around.
      0 Not allowed!

Don,

Can you explain what API, WWD and AP are?

Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

No problem,
    WWD is Wild West Domains
    API is the connection method for the billing software for registering domains.
    AP is WHM Auto Pilot which is a great billing software if you host cPanel/WHM accounts.... Great is an understatement!
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for explanations Dan, now I understand what you guys are talking about...!
      0 Not allowed!

Your crazy for moving here during the middle of July, it s hotter than H*** then. Even in the shade, you can barely breath the air. My girlfriend and wife hate each other which seems to work to my advantage. (ex wife, or witch)
    Where are you moving from? Sounds like another reason to drink beer, I luv beer man. We should hook up and I can show you around.
    That is almost comical, you might be better off taking my DH aroung instead of me.

We lived there once before, I love the heat so I don't mind at all.
    We have been in Europe for a year and are coming back to the US then. The dogs may be the ones that wilt.
    Freckle Face
      0 Not allowed!

HEY! Your comment about competition just hit me! Bring it On buddy!
    I'm a new guy and your opinion about my site has made my whole day, or year at that. I have worked so hard to try and make it presentible I think I lost part of my brain working on it. (could be the beer) I haven't shopped opinions yet but now I think I will not have to. Gotta give Serge Golosun from Moscow a thumb up for his tempate design (blue areas) He also designed the templates for some of the most popular sites on the web. I will say again that your site is spectacular and original. You gotta be crazy for leaving Europe to AZ. I would give anything to go there. Luck with your move, contact me when you get here...
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe you gius should take this to PM. Thread closed as it has gone way off topic.
      0 Not allowed!