How to transfer ownership?

I friend of mine wants to turn over a domain name to me, but neither of us has ever done that before. Can anyone give me some pointers on what we need to do and how painful this will be?

The domain name is registered with register.com right now. I'd like to take ownership and move it to GoDaddy.

Doesn't register charge a fee?
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

I've never dealt with Register.com, so I'm not sure if they allow you to push a domain from one account to another or not. If they do, create your own Register.com account and have your friend push the name to you, then go to GoDaddy and initiate the registrar transfer.

If they don't allow a push, have your friend initiate a transfer to GoDaddy, then push the name to your GoDaddy account once the transfer is complete.

Register.com's push is $200. You better have your friend transfer the domain out to Godaddy and have it pushed to your Godaddy account afterwards.

or just let your friend update the whois to your email at register.com then request a transfer to godaddy then change the info at godaddy when the domain is at your account.
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    or just let your friend update the whois to your email at register.com then request a transfer to godaddy then change the info at godaddy when the domain is at your account.
    bingo