From lock to active - what does it mean?

Dear Friends,

I back ordered a domain from Snapname and today I got a email alert from Snapname saying the domain I wanted has status changed from lock to active. Then I check whois, it did changed.

My question is what the change means? Is somebody trying to get this domain? The domain expires in July and is registered with enom.

Thank you for any clues.

Hula

the owner might be transfering the domain.
    in which case the domain will be renewed.
    yep.

That's sad news.

Originally posted by hasged
    the owner might be transfering the domain.
    ...To another registrar.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

all it means is it was unlocked. It may still expire, it may not, you never know with domain names.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

It seems unlikely that somebody is transferring the domain which I owned some time ago and then sold to a company which closed its door two years ago. The domain has been in control of the IT person of that company. I don't think he will be interested in having this domain for use by himself and probably no others will be interested either. I am just waiting for it to expire and then get it back to me.

only time can tell
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi