Regarding Stock Photos...

Hey there all,

Firstly...
    I have been browsing a lot of web sites recently, and I've been seeing lots of stock photos - yet most seem to have been placed without actual concern or thought about what image the company wants to portray. I was wondering, how many companies actually think about what image to use, where to use it and why they're using it.

Secondly...
    There are lots of Stock Photo links here...., however too many to actually go through and sort out. I've looked at lots, however am wondering - which are the real professional ones? I'm not interested in free ones since they are usually not so good - however I want to know the good professional & corporate ones.

Thanks all.

gettyimages.com is my favourite. Iam very intrested in photography and so i practise it myself in my sparetime as mutch as possible and i have to say that gettyimages has 90% high quality photographs. Some are just even perfect.

Why it's my favourite site? Cause for every subject they have tons of photo's, you name it and they probably have it + the good quality and plus the fact you can have a pretty good and large preview before you buy if you just register (no cc or something needed) the photo's will be unwatermarked as well. On the other hand i do have to admit that in my opinion they are to expensive in some cases. Small companies and freelancers can't afford a lot of them.

gettyimages.com (photodisc.com in particular), firstlight.ca, and also digitalvision.com all feature top-notch Stock Photography.

www.crystalgraphics.com is not bad as well
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Anjay, wow thanks for the link, it is one hell of a list. Merci
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Thanks everyone for the extra links and comments, all is very much appreciated.

Anjay, wow thanks for the link, it is one hell of a list. Merci
    De rien Yaser!

Anjay, i saw your linux question site, very nice also has a good Google rank. Would you be intrested in the future if you article(s) were republished and you were give the right acknowledgement for them. This could be great for you because it can create a viral effect once some one passes it on to a friend etc. I dont have anything now but just asking for future reference. thanks