Lightbulb Building local relationships

I am looking for ideas on places where I can meet members of my community that would be interested in webhosting services. I plan on visiting conventions and small business support groups and talking about how to help people get their business online. I think these are great ways to get out there and establish yourself in the local market but I know there is more.

What kinds of events do you attend to attract local business?

You might try joining the local chamber of commerce it helps. Find like your local papers not the newspaper but like ones that are free to get. And you can always support local causes ie parade food drive ,or something to that effect.

Also find the business community of your area online. Attend trade shows or events targeted on the Internet, Ecommerce/Doing business online. Ask your customers for references and look into your local yellow pages and as nikehelpers said join the local chamber of commerce. thanks
    "Web Hosting is not just about selling space, it is about facilitating customers needs with your plans and supporting the customer for a long lasting mutually beneficial relationship."- Yaser

Check for a technology group. Here we've joined one and are one of the only hosting/development companies in the group. If you build a good relationship with the other members you'll see a lot of tech refer their clients to you.
    Primal Blue Software, Inc.
    primalblue.com

So many good ideas.... so little time! Thanks for the info!