Thread: Spyware?

Spyware?

For the last couple days, whenever I use the google toolbar to search I get weird results. I attached a screenshot. The first page of results is all ads. Is this google doing this or is this some sort of spyware? I've tried adaware and spybot and neither found anything. I also uninstalled the google toolbar and reinstalled it. Does anyone know how to stop this or what is doing it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails google.png  

must be, because i just typed webhosting in to my toolbar and only got maybe 2 ads atop... rest were results...
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

Yes, and by the look of your IE toolbars, you have much more spyware (unless you meant to put it there). I suggest running Lavasoft Ad-Aware first. Get it, get the definitions (update), and then run it. After that, get Spybot S&D, update, and run it. If it tells you to reboot to get rid of more stuff, do it. Make sure IE is not running while these are running. Generally, that will fix it. If however, it doesn't, you should use HijackThis. Do not delete everything in HijackThis. Most of it is regular program files. Take the log, and post it at any spyware board, they'll help you out. Do this last though, as I think that Spybot and AdAware will work.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Yea. It also says results 1-100 and it only shows 10 ads, and that is it. When I click next, it shows the real 1-100.

Originally posted by Xshare
    Yes, and by the look of your IE toolbars, you have much more spyware (unless you meant to put it there). I suggest running Lavasoft Ad-Aware first. Get it, get the definitions (update), and then run it. After that, get Spybot S&D, update, and run it. If it tells you to reboot to get rid of more stuff, do it. Make sure IE is not running while these are running. Generally, that will fix it. If however, it doesn't, you should use HijackThis. Do not delete everything in HijackThis. Most of it is regular program files. Take the log, and post it at any spyware board, they'll help you out. Do this last though, as I think that Spybot and AdAware will work.
    I put those other toolbars there. Roboform fills in forms automatically and Bugnosis tells me if there is anything suspicious on a page. I've tried all you said except hijackThis. I'll go try it now, thanks.