Unhappy WHM and managed.com (HELP!)

Ok im completely lost.

I realize this is my first post here and normally i wouldve contributed a lot before asking for help but right now i dont know what to do.

Managed.com seems to have almost non existant support, something i know i shouldve searched on these forums before to see how crappy they are but im stuck with $80 spent on a server and do0jnt know how to use it

The WHM needs complete set up, i dont know a thing about name servers and DNS and all that BS and it needs me to fill out all those fields.

Where do i find out all that info ? how do i know what to put where ?

Sorry if im sounding newbiesh, its because i am!

In your welcome email, you should have IPs for your nameservers, resolvers, and password for root access. Read it carefully, and you will find out it's easy for initial setup

Ahmedaf,

If you still have troubles setting up WHM.
    Send me an email (see my sig, since you cant PM yet)

I'll help you out.

Regards,
    Thomas Currie
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

ive been given a server ip, and then an IP space which seems to be 10 ip's. From .20 to .29

In the WHM Server setup it asks for Main Shared Virtual Host IP, the current entry in it is different then the Server IP ive been given but i dont know if i should change it or not. Ive managed to set up a primary name server as host, but when i enter a name for a secondary host server and click Assign IP Address, it says ive run out of ip's to assign as name servers.

Im totally new to this, i dont know what a resolver is or whatever...

ThomasC, i just emailed you.

Thanks.

Originally posted by ahmedaf
    ive been given a server ip, and then an IP space which seems to be 10 ip's. From .20 to .29

In the WHM Server setup it asks for Main Shared Virtual Host IP, the current entry in it is different then the Server IP ive been given but i dont know if i should change it or not. Ive managed to set up a primary name server as host, but when i enter a name for a secondary host server and click Assign IP Address, it says ive run out of ip's to assign as name servers.

Im totally new to this, i dont know what a resolver is or whatever...
    again, read your welcome email carefully, it should state which is resolver. And you need to update IPs for nameservers at your domain registrar as well. If you cannot do it yourself, you can ask someone to install it for you. I am sure someone will help

you kinda cant expect to get a really cheap unmanaged server and expect the company to hold your hand in configuring every aspect of it. i dont think they would be making any money that way. i use managed.com and so far everything has been fine. if i need info on something i absolutly cant figure out, i either used google, man, or HOWTOS

you should read http://www.tldp.org/docs.html#howto

tons and tons and tons of good info there. its how i learned

oh yeah, in the welcome email they just give you your password, current ip and your usable ip space

Hello.

Just so you all know, Ahmedaf emailed me.
    I have setup his WHM. Actually it was about four hours back now...

Regards,
    Thomas Currie
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

ThomasC was kind enough to help me, but derf9o9 thanks for the link
    Much appreciated.