Hosting for a Fourm ?

Whats a good dedicating hosting plan out there thats good for a Fourm. I also host an image resizer for quite a large fourm out there, so it needs about 1000gigs of BW and a decent size storage.

I was looking at servermatrix , but didnt know if they were reliable or not ?

Oh yea and if theres one that allows IRC thats preferred too

Have you tried performing a Search? There have been many posts on ServerMatrix/The Planet as well as IRC-friendly providers. You can also use the Host Quote feature of WHT to allow other members to send you offers.

Welcome to WHT.

Yea I tried the search feature and couldnt really find anything. Although I just read that Server Matrix does not support IRC.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=258965

For forums, make sure you have a decent amount of memory and fast disks if possible.. especially if your forums are popular.

What does this mean ? "Yes, as long as it's a stand-alone server and not connected to any IRC networks"

It means just that: you can have an IRC server for chatters to connect to, but you can't connect it to an IRC network such as EFnet, Undernet, etc.

Originally posted by saminuske
    It means just that: you can have an IRC server for chatters to connect to, but you can't connect it to an IRC network such as EFnet, Undernet, etc.
    Ah ok, thats cool because I just wanted it to be on my own.

I run a large forum and I use every bit of a 1000gb of bandwidth each month.

I host my site on a ServerMatrix server and so far I have been pleased with them. The only thing I have a problem with is sometimes their support is a little slow but their network and my server has not had any downtime so that counts for a lot. I am also looking into getting a new server and will be purchasing it through SM as well.

It is hard to give a good reccomendation without knows stats such as number of constant users online and posts per day. In most cases, a P4 can handle whatever you throw at it in these cases.
    Advanced Forum Hosting
    http://www.boardnation.com
    Easily build a community today!

Originally posted by daveman
    It is hard to give a good reccomendation without knows stats such as number of constant users online and posts per day. In most cases, a P4 can handle whatever you throw at it in these cases.
    Starting off about 20-30 people online, but will proboaly be up to 100-300 online at once. And around 1000-5000 post a day

Well it looks im going to use ev1servers.net

Originally posted by LancerVenom
    Well it looks im going to use ev1servers.net
    Good luck, let us know how it goes.

[17:36:53] Colin W : Hello William Picek how can I help you?
    [17:37:08] William : Do the Dedicated Servers support Wild Card Subdomains ?
    [17:37:54] Colin W : is there difference between wild card domains and the a standard domain
    [17:38:43] William : Wild Card Subdomains just mean that anything that points to *.site.com
    [17:38:47] William : Going to site.com
    [17:40:02] Colin W : not if you use our name servers
    [17:40:47] William : Any way to get that setup ?
    [17:41:57] Colin W : you can order a server, but to use wid card domains, you will need to point the domains to different nameserver

Well I guess Not

run your own nameserver
    God save me from my friends, I can protect myself from my enemies

Originally posted by XanTium
    run your own nameserver
    How ?