Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Warning about GoDaddy

I always look for other's opinions before I buy a product/service online, so I thought I'd post this in case it helps someone else avoid making the same mistake:

I bought email service from godaddy.com... all they had to do was deliver my email and allow me access to it... they couldn't do it! After a couple days of it working, emails to my hosted domain started bouncing back with "sorry that domain isn't in my list of rcpt hosts". I called them two days in a row and both times they admitted it was their fault and said that it would have to be escelated to their advanced tech support which would take 24-48 business hours. I made the report on Thursday morning, and on Friday they told me that I would 'probably' hear something back by Monday - in the mean time I would be losing all my email.

This is obviously completely unacceptable, and when I asked for my money back to go to another service, they told me that since they had already setup the account that this would not be possible!!

DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE!

wow that really sux

Re: Warning about GoDaddy

The are a fine place to register domains. Even though they sell other services......I would tend to stick to purchasing just domains from them.
    Just my opinion.
    Glenn

Originally posted by godaddy
    I always look for other's opinions before I buy a product/service online, so I thought I'd post this in case it helps someone else avoid making the same mistake:

I bought email service from godaddy.com... all they had to do was deliver my email and allow me access to it... they couldn't do it! After a couple days of it working, emails to my hosted domain started bouncing back with "sorry that domain isn't in my list of rcpt hosts". I called them two days in a row and both times they admitted it was their fault and said that it would have to be escelated to their advanced tech support which would take 24-48 business hours. I made the report on Thursday morning, and on Friday they told me that I would 'probably' hear something back by Monday - in the mean time I would be losing all my email.

This is obviously completely unacceptable, and when I asked for my money back to go to another service, they told me that since they had already setup the account that this would not be possible!!

Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

I don't think any registrar would be in a position to refund domain name registration fees, still email hosting fees could be refunded depending on company's policies..
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

SB-Host, same here. I only purchase domains from them, other than that nothing else...i personally think godaddy is a good place to register domains.

I too only use GoDaddy for registering my own personal domains. (I have over 20 with them) I would not use any of their other services especially after some of the stuff my current clients told me about GoDaddy when they were with them.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

Yeah, I have been with registering my domain with GoDaddy for 3 years now, and haven't had one problem since. Sorry you are having troubles with their E-mail services. I hope they do fix the problem for you!
    Kevin

Re: Warning about GoDaddy

Originally posted by godaddy

Have you ever heard the term Crap happends? I don't think a lot of people can judge service just from this one warning. It is the old saying, you get what you pay for. Godaddy offers great domain services, the also offer the convinence of hosting, mail, etc. You just have to remember Crap Happends, everthing can break, and people can mess up. If that wouldn't happen then no one would ever go out of business, the world would be in peace, etc.

My suggestion is this, get a higher reliability of a service which means shelling out the money. Or you can deal with little problems like this. One shouldn't complain if they can fix the problem. Mind updating us if they have fixed this issue yet or not.

I don't mean to seem rude if that is how you take.

I guess their domain registration services are ok, just their other services are not. Having said that I never liked their control panel and for that reason register all my domains with NamCheap.

I only register domain names with them and it's all good.

>> The are a fine place to register domains. <<
    >> Godaddy offers great domain services <<

Really?

Unless you live in a territory they just choose to chop at the drop of a hat. Unless you want a domain name interface that doesn't throw an advert in your face at every move. Unless...

Yes, I have some domains there and I would rate them as very poor indeed.

>> It is the old saying, you get what you pay for. <<

Not always, but in GD's case I would say it's true. They sell names cheaply, and in my experience their service truly reflects that.
    My Reviews of 30+ Hosts
    Can Also Be Seen On My Page at TekSalon

The Meatrix: Welcome to the real world

GoDaddy is fine for what their primary purpose is, a domain registrar (not an email or web host).

Personally I prefer NameCheap.com even though they are not ICANN accredited and not #1, their interface blows away GoDaddy.

I've actually found WildWestDomain.com's service spectacular. They offer a similar interface to GoDaddy's but can be customized to remove/minimize checkout advertising based on your settings in the management interface.

That and it's much less hassle than offering a reseller-based program with GoDaddy. Full management system for your clients with a usable interface.

-Matt
    Matt Meier, RackNine Inc.
    email: mmeier@racknine.com
    web: http://www.racknine.com

Gonedaddy. is what we call 'em

I opened up my domain acct one morning and found out 34 customers domains we no longer there,but godaddy took it upon theirself to put thenm in seperate accounts all with seperate user/pass.

Glad I have move my domains since then.

Company Wise, we use eNom and have no problems at all.

However, for my personal domains I use GoDaddy.com - and, have not had any problems there either.

I wouldn't even use them for registering domains, they tried to rip me off by taking my domain, long story, if you want I can explain it

ehhh aint good but i have 20 domains and not a single problem

ryan - explain

Re: Re: Warning about GoDaddy

Originally posted by SB-Host
    The are a fine place to register domains. Even though they sell other services......I would tend to stick to purchasing just domains from them.
    Just my opinion.
    Glenn
    I agree with that. Domain registration is what they do best. I don't trust them with anything else really.

Originally posted by MetaData
    ryan - explain
    i am interested in this, too.
    Last edited by hasged; 05-01-2004 at 11:35 PM.
    yep.

I've got a number of domains with them and have tried their backorder service too. No problems so far.

But, I've never used their email service - and I guess I won't now

Thanks for the information.
    PawBill: Automation and Billing System for web hosts

I would also advise against godaddy for webhosting, as I have had numerous clients with them in the past. There hosting has proven to be quite slow at time, and their control panel is less than impressive, infact, it's quite hard to use.

I use GoDaddy and recommend GoDaddy. Any issues I have had with them have been resolved in a timely fashion.

Not sure about their addon services.
    Luke
    oh yeah...

Is GoDaddy's email and hosting services outsourced?
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast