What's happening with GOOGLE?

I don't know if it's just me, or if it's everyone, but. What's going on with Google? For some reason it doesn't search for me anymore, but everytime I end up with the same results, no matter what I search for, pretty much. Just some trash search pages is all I get when i search for something.

Anyone knows how to fix that?

works fine for me
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

fine here

Get HijackThis and Adaware, run them both. It appears that you've got some browser hijacker thats not running the google code, but instead is redirecting you to an alternate search engine.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT run HijackThis and delete everything. Most of that is completely normal, only some of it is adware. From Joseph_M's post, it seems like you should, but DON'T. If you want to run it, post the results of the scan on a spyware forum, and they will help you out. Otherwise, I just suggest running Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware, they will most likely finish it off.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Originally posted by Xshare
    DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT run HijackThis and delete everything.
    Sounds like you made that mistake once before....lol
    Let Google know when your dead | Read More >>
    Submit Your Press Release, Article, or News Tip Today
    W3Reports - News for Webmasters

No, just seen too many people do it, and Joseph_M's post made it seem like thats what you do.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]

I delete every thign listed in hijack this all the time no problems here
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Well that's stupid. Most of those are regular program files.
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]

techguy.org is a good forum where you can seek advice on what files you should and shouldnt delete from your hijackthis log.

works fine here...you probably have spyware

ive had that before.
    run hijackthis.
    That should get rid of it.
    If you are unsure of what an exe does, google it!

One of my friend's had this problem. I am not sure what he used; but I guess it was Hijack This or similar.

Recommend Sybot & AdAware.

Never hear of Hijack This. Need to look into it.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

See, this is how it happens. People see HijackThis mentioned in a spyware thread, without a warning by someone, and they automatically assume its the same as Spybot and AdAware. IT'S NOT. Most of what it shows are regular program files, however it also reveals any hidden spyware. Most people, who don't know this, delete everything in HijackThis and then are amazed when half their programs don't work. Please, use HijackThis to get a log, post it on a spyware forum, and then let them tell you what to delete. Please.
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]

Use firefox and avoid this..hehe at least some of them come in through an unpatched/updated IE (ie. in an unpatched Windows XP installation)

That being said, I know that at least some of those IE hijack programs comes from warez sites (yes you can get them just from BROWSING sites with stock IE), stop browsing warez! :-)

I have the same problem. Neither Spybot nor Adaware will fix it. I couldn't find anything suspicious with Hijackthis either.

18. My step dad is having the same problem. His MSN search page brings up stuff he doesnt need every time he searches.

Originally posted by Mbrandon-BGI
    My step dad is having the same problem. His MSN search page brings up stuff he doesnt need every time he searches.
    probably some chicks...

Originally posted by Xshare
    See, this is how it happens. People see HijackThis mentioned in a spyware thread, without a warning by someone, and they automatically assume its the same as Spybot and AdAware. IT'S NOT. Most of what it shows are regular program files, however it also reveals any hidden spyware. Most people, who don't know this, delete everything in HijackThis and then are amazed when half their programs don't work. Please, use HijackThis to get a log, post it on a spyware forum, and then let them tell you what to delete. Please.
    I support you Xshare, but usually people don't like to read, think and want and go through with the easiest thing possible... I have witnessed similar cases with just the same "delete all" approach that ended up as system reinstallation...