Liquid Web=Class Act

I just wanted to publicly acknowledge Liquid Web and the way they handle things.

Last night there was a downtime for just under 4 hours that affected a good portion of the network. It was determined that Verio was at fault and not LW but they have decided to not only honor the SLA that clearly states they were not in the wrong but they did one better and DOUBLED what the normal agreement would be.

I have to say there is alot of bashing when it comes to DC's and I can mouth off with the best of them but in my books Liquid Web is a class act all the way.

Thanks Zac! I know we picked a winner with you guys!

I do think they could be better if they employ more carriers in the future.

Definately right X-Gaming.

Liquidweb is one of the best providers out there.

If people keep making threads like this one - and more and more people sign up with them - then I'm sure they will empoly more carriers in the future.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Originally posted by Lucid-Felix
    If people keep making threads like this one - and more and more people sign up with them - then I'm sure they will empoly more carriers in the future.
    Maybe so. A win-win situation I would think! I know of one other thread tucked away in the outage section. I just felt this deserved to be in the dedicated section where more of the dedicated market could see it and appreciate what they are doing over there at LW.

Give credit where credit is due.

Originally posted by X-Gaming
    Maybe so. A win-win situation I would think! I know of one other thread tucked away in the outage section. I just felt this deserved to be in the dedicated section where more of the dedicated market could see it and appreciate what they are doing over there at LW.

Give credit where credit is due.
    That is what these network problems were caused by, mistakes in setting up the BGP routing for their new Cable and Wireless fiber.

Originally posted by surfmanjoe
    That's what caused the downtime - They're implementing BGP so that they can add in more providers - I believe they're adding Savvis/C&W at first.

-Josh

Yeap, They are bringing in CW bandwidth, truly premium!

CW?

Dunno, only bandwidth provider I know of is Cogent ^_^
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

Cable & Wireless

is vpscolo.com also using the liquid webs network?

Wow - This just wants me to go with LiquidWeb even more.

I must say, after reading so many posts with such good feedback on them, I'm really tempted to use them in the very near future. So far I've not read any negative comments on them, and it doesn't seem any of us will in the near future.

I'm now 99.9% sure to use LiquidWeb as my next dedicated server.

Where's their datacenter located?
    Can you provide some IPs to test the connection?

Originally posted by jackel
    is vpscolo.com also using the liquid webs network?
    Yes..

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

http://www.liquidweb.com/about/datacenter.htm
    http://www.liquidweb.com/contact/index.htm

Here are two links regarding their datacenter - once actually in regards 100% to their datacenter including information and photos with the other having their mailing address; maybe these two are linked and that their datacenter is at the same place where they receive their mail.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

CW USA dosen't exist anymore, Savvis bought out their North American backbone as far as I know. So if liquidweb is getting Savvis then I would expect to see many problems in their future.

I used to run an ISP and use CW, then switched to Savvis. Savvis was pretty good to us. I felt as though the service was better than CW. Savvis was better than Genuity and much better than Time Warner Telecom as well. This is based just on my personal experiance.

What is strange about this posting is that the same Liquid Web people said they were going to sue me for using the name LiquidPages.com.

Joel

Umm....I have known a number of people that have had Savvis and it is one of the worst bandwidth providers of all times according to them.

I was sattisfied with the speeds, and their support is very very good. If our line would drop for one minute they would call us. In general, they were pretty reliable. If we had a problem with CW, we would have to wait on hold forver before getting to someone.

Savvis is not by any means the best providor out there, but I think they are pretty good for the price. Look around for DS3 pricing, it is hard to find anyone cheaper. At least it was for me a year ago.

Please Be Properly Informed

Savvis's old network was primarily targetted at financial verticals utilizing ATM technology as a tier 2 provider. They did some IP connectivity, but it was limited at that point. They did not own fiber and merely purchased transit from other organizations. It represented less than a few percentage points of their business's total revenue (IP traffic).

Cable and Wireless however is extremely premium, and the acquisition leaves the IP network of Cable and Wireless untouched or harmed. They have the same network engineering staff for the C&W network as well, no cuts or collapses of crucial departments have been made in this area. Cable and Wireless bandwidth pricing is on par with Sprint and MCI.

If you doubt the quality, just reference:

http://www.internethealthreport.com

And compare reliability and latency of Cable and Wireless to other Tier 1 providers (it will consistently beat them all)

Failing that, reference their personally maintained constantly updated SLA server:

http://sla.cw.net

I do so love when the uninformed choose to sepculate wildly.

It is not speculation when I remember having my techs spend much time on hold to get CW issues resolved, when Savvis was much more responsive.

I know that Savvis is not the fastest or the best, but they are good for the price. I said that in my last pot.

.. The downtime was quite horrible.. But if its going to vastly improve the network in terms of speed and redundancy then I'm all up for it.. My only complaint now is WHEN!@!@!@

Supposed to be this month if the site is accurate

I think a lot of it has to do with where you are. While one providor may provide excelent uptime and speeds in Orlando (where I was), the opposite may be true in Boston.

Thumbs up

two solid thumbs up for liquid web. purchased my first DS with them over a month ago...current uptime is 28 days or something. speedy service. friendly staff. local ( ). I can't wait to buy my next one through them.

Glad to hear it scd67

Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

Originally posted by scd67
    two solid thumbs up for liquid web. purchased my first DS with them over a month ago...current uptime is 28 days or something. speedy service. friendly staff. local ( ). I can't wait to buy my next one through them.

hahaa servers are like tattoos, One you have one you can't wait to get more

Maybe I should get a tattoo of a server. As I add more, I will start to look like a data center.