Multiple Condition SELECT query (MySQL + PHP)

How should one select a row with multiple conditions?
    i.e. A table (table) has the columns id, category, feature, and text.
    How could you do SELECT text FROM table WHERE category = 'news' AND feature = 'computers' ?
    Would that be a correct query?

Here's what I have in my script, and it seems to only take the first conditon:
    PHP Code:
    $mtgrabdba "SELECT template_id FROM mt_template WHERE template_blog_id = '" $getmtbid['0'] . "' AND template_type = 'archive'";

$mtgrabdbares mysql_query($mtgrabdba) or die("Could Not Perform Query Because".mysql_error());

$mtdbaid mysql_fetch_array($mtgrabdbares);

$mtgrabca "SELECT template_id FROM mt_template WHERE template_blog_id = '" $getmtbid['0'] . "' AND template_type = 'category'";

$mtgrabcares mysql_query($mtgrabdba) or die("Could Not Perform Query Because".mysql_error());

$mtcaid mysql_fetch_array($mtgrabcares);

$mtgrabiea "SELECT template_id FROM mt_template WHERE tem[plate_blog_id = '" $getmtbid['0'] . "' AND template_type = 'individual'";

$mtgrabieares mysql_query($mtgrabdba) or die("Could Not Perform Query Because".mysql_error());

$mtieaid mysql_fetch_array($mtgrabieares); 
    Although each of those should return a different ID, it ends up with $mtdbaid, $mtcaid, and $mtieaid being the very same array, which is becoming a problem.

Can anyone help?
    I can post the INSERT queries I use those values in if necessary.

Some data would help..

I could probably help you figure it out if you'll post what the INSERT query looks like.
    Paul Embry
    Knight Software and Web Design
    [email protected]
    Quality PHP Web Programming for Reasonable Prices

Bleh, double post. Sorry.
    Paul Embry
    [email protected]

Here they are...
    PHP Code:
                $mt3tempqueryx mysql_query("INSERT INTO mt_templatemap (templatemap_blog_id, templatemap_template_id, templatemap_archive_type, templatemap_is_preferred) 
                                    VALUES (
                                    '" 
    $getmtbid['0'] . "', 
                                    '" 
    $mtdbaid['0'] . "', 
                                    'Daily', 
                                    '1')"
    );
                if (!
    $mt3tempqueryx) {
                echo 
    mysql_error();
                }

$mt4tempqueryx mysql_query("INSERT INTO mt_templatemap (templatemap_blog_id, templatemap_template_id, templatemap_archive_type, templatemap_is_preferred) 
                                    VALUES (
                                    '" 
    $getmtbid['0'] . "', 
                                    '" 
    $mtdbaid['0'] . "', 
                                    'Weekly', 
                                    '1')"
    );
                if (!
    $mt4tempqueryx) {
                echo 
    mysql_error();
                }

$mt5tempqueryx mysql_query("INSERT INTO mt_templatemap (templatemap_blog_id, templatemap_template_id, templatemap_archive_type, templatemap_is_preferred) 
                                    VALUES (
                                    '" 
    $getmtbid['0'] . "', 
                                    '" 
    $mtdbaid['0'] . "', 
                                    'Monthly', 
                                    '1')"
    );
                if (!
    $mt5tempqueryx) {
                echo 
    mysql_error();
                }

$mt6tempqueryx mysql_query("INSERT INTO mt_templatemap (templatemap_blog_id, templatemap_template_id, templatemap_archive_type, templatemap_is_preferred) 
                                    VALUES (
                                    '" 
    $getmtbid['0'] . "', 
                                    '" 
    $mtcaid['0'] . "', 
                                    'Category', 
                                    '1')"
    );
                if (!
    $mt6tempqueryx) {
                echo 
    mysql_error();
                }

$mt7tempqueryx mysql_query("INSERT INTO mt_templatemap (templatemap_blog_id, templatemap_template_id, templatemap_archive_type, templatemap_is_preferred) 
                                    VALUES (
                                    '" 
    $getmtbid['0'] . "', 
                                    '" 
    $mtieaid['0'] . "', 
                                    'Individual', 
                                    '1')"
    );                                
                if (!
    $mt7tempqueryx) {
                echo 
    mysql_error();
                } 
    Tell me if you have anything!
    Also: $getmtbid['0'] just returns the blog id

Do you mean $mtdbaid[template_id], $mtcaid[template_id], and $mtieaid[template_id] are always the same value?

Do you expect a single row returned or multiple rows?

Those inserts are for a totally different table than you're selecting from! (Selecting from mt_template, inserting into mt_templatemap)

And Intername has a valid question - all three of those arrays will have the same index - 'template_id' - hopefully with different values (i.e, $mtdbaid['template_id'] != $mtcaid['template_id'] )
    Paul Embry
    [email protected]

It's not easy to explain what I am trying to do in text.
    When I get home, I will take screenshots of the tables to illustrate better what I am trying to do.

Let's see what I can do with words now:
    I am making a script so that whenever a user gets their phpBB account activated, it creates a blog for them in MovableType.
    However, there are multiple MySQL queries that need to be done to accomplish this.
    Five main things must be done to the database: A user must be created (mt_author), a blog must be created (mt_blog), the blog must be associated with the user (mt_permission), the blog templates must be placed in SQL (mt_template), then the templates must be associated with the type of page view (mt_templatemap).
    I have a query creating a user working, I have a query creating the blog working, I have a query associating the blog working, and I have a query placing the templates in SQL working.
    I am just having a problem setting the templatemap.

The mt_templatemap has an auto-incrementing field, and three main data fields (along with one that remains NULL, and one that remains '1').
    These three main fields are templatemap_blog_id, which needs to be the blog_id from the mt_blog table (which I have as $mtgetbid['0']);
    templatemap_template_id, which needs to be the correct template_id from mt_template. This is the part I am having a problem with. There are three different templatemap_template_id values I need to insert into the table different numbers of times;
    The last one is templatemap_archive_type: This needs to be daily, weekly, monthly, category, or individual.

What the rows should look like for this table (NOTE: MADE UP IDs):
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 7 templatemap_archive_type: Daily
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 7 templatemap_archive_type: Weekly
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 7 templatemap_archive_type: Monthly
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 8 templatemap_archive_type: Category
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 9 templatemap_archive_type: Individual

What the rows do look like from the queries (NOTE: MADE UP IDs):
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 7 templatemap_archive_type: Daily
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 7 templatemap_archive_type: Weekly
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 7 templatemap_archive_type: Monthly
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 7 templatemap_archive_type: Category
    templatemap_blog_id: 6 templatemap_template_id: 7 templatemap_archive_type: Individual

As you can see the wrong variables are getting passed into the queries.
    I will post screenshots of the tables when I get home, for now, see if that information helps.

If you build your queries into variables like $sql = "select blah from blah" and then run your query $result = mysql_query($sql) you can always 'echo/print' your $sql out to see what the query is being passed.

In fact when I'm debugging I just echo without executing the queries - this will help you see what is happening at run time.

Originally posted by intername
    If you build your queries into variables like $sql = "select blah from blah" and then run your query $result = mysql_query($sql) you can always 'echo/print' your $sql out to see what the query is being passed.

In fact when I'm debugging I just echo without executing the queries - this will help you see what is happening at run time.
    beat me to it..

That and var_dump($result) (or whatever other variable you wanna know the result of) can display everything you need to know about the results of your queries and variables..

Might also suggest doing like $mt_b_id_res or similar "spacing" to make it easier to spot typo's... but to each their own style..

still looks like he's got his tables mixed up, though....

I'm waiting to see the dumps of the tables - from the mySql Admin tool I'm assuming.

That should prove enlightening.
    Paul Embry
    [email protected]

Found it!

ProdigySim you are calling the same select for each one: mysql_query($mtgrabdba). You should be calling mysql_query($mtgrabca) for the second and mysql_query($mtgrabiea)

At the moment you are calling mysql_query($mtgrabdba) for each one - hence the same result!

Is that applause I hear...

Awww, man! This is why you don't do copy-paste jobs, people *feels dumb*

Thanks a BUNCH, intername!

Well done! I swear I must be blind sometimes..
    Paul Embry
    [email protected]

I've spent ages staring at the same piece of code only to find out I had overlooked the obvious - not enough beer!