CP+ 1.1 released, new direct reseller program created
We are releasing new version of CP+, that incorporates ability to backup websites through web interface. We are also starting direct reseller program. The program is targeted to data centers and dedicated server providers. We set the pricing so it would be very affordable:
* 5 server licenses - $250 ($50/server)
* 25 server licenses - $1,125 ($45/server)
* 50 server licenses - $2,000 ($40/server)
* 100 server licenses - $3,500 ($35/server)
* 250 server licenses - $7,500 ($30/server)
* 500 server licenses - $12,500 ($25/server)
* 1,000 server licenses - $20,000 ($20/server)
If you buy before Jun 1st, you get 10% discount.
CP+ is dedicated server management tool, that allows customers to do most of the sys admin tasks through the convenient web interface. The tool allows to manage web, mail, DNS, database server configurations. Allows to setup firewall, and update server with the latest packages. CP+ works on most versions of Linux and FreeBSD. CP+ is the tool to manage dedicated server, and should not be used for shared hosting.
CP+ is the combination of webmin/usermin/virtualmin that is very easy to install. It automatically will under https.
We removed bunch of modules, regroupled them, added few that are not there by default, added covenient service monitoring - and made it very easy novice to use. The new design also make it much more pleasant to use. Otherwise, there is no functionality that you could not get by installing webmin/usermin/virtualmin+ some additional modules.
Some other questions:
- Is CP+ an improved version of webmin written by psoft?? Or is it a modified version of h-sphere?
- How is support handled for resellers?
- Is the resellerpricing for webosting providers aswell or only for datacentres/dedicatedserver providers?
- According to the site:
offers three levels of access: Admin level to manage servers and add domains; Domain level to manage domain properties; and End-user level to manage mailbox/forward/autoresponder settings.
What is the domain level? Isn't it a part of the end-user level?
1. CP+ is improved version of webmin. It is based on webmin codebase
2. All new licenses (reseller or not) get 1 month support free with CP+
* Additional support contracts can be bought at $20 per month.
* The above support entitles you for up to 5 incidents per month per server.
* All additional incidents are charged at $15 per incident.
* Telephone support is available between the hours of 9 am - 5 pm EST, email based support is 24/7
Resellers will also get "dev. support", we will help them to finetune CP+ to work with their OS setups, and help the setup kickstart installs for CP+ if necessary.
3) There is no pricing for webhosts. The target for CP+ is not web hosting companies, but companies who need dedicated server to host their website. The software is to simplify server administration, not to automate shared web hosting.
4) You can delegate control to individual domain http://cpplus.info/docs/domain_admin.html
This is useful in the cases where you have a server, and you want to let your friend to host domain for himself. Or you have a company with intranet, and each department gets his own subdomain - you can delegate control to that.
End user level is mailbox user - allows user to change his mailbox password, setup forwarding & autoresponders. You can also enable end-user with ability to have his personal space under domain, where he can apload his staff using FTP.
I will have demo links to all 3 levels on Tue/Wed.