How to make payments to users out of PayPal? Or use other system?

Guys, hope you can help me out. I'm setting up a system that will allow users to sell songs at my site, but the problem is how I pay users back for those sales? I was hoping I could use PayPal and just use some OnLine system to send money, using my PayPal-Mastercard for the payments. I tried Western-Union, but they require me an USA address, and I don't have, and my Mastercard is USA based with Canadian Address, messy, I know. But it was PayPal that setup like that, so I can't use WU this way.

Maybe other system?

Any help is apreciated.

Best Regards, WilliamK

These users - are the affiliates? Or are you having them upload the songs & then you sell them via your merchant account or paypal account?

Thanks. They will be users that upload the songs and sell using MY PayPal account. I can't have a Merchant account since I don't have a company / bank account.

Wk

So you are using an aggregator to factor transactions? And then you want to pay the people that uploaded the songs a portion of the money - and they might not have a Paypal account?

Have you checked out Stormpay or Ikobo?

That's great, thanks a lot, Ikobo sounds the best solution for me right now. Since I can use my PayPal-Mastercard to pay members. Sweeeat. Thanks a lot buddy.

Best Regards, WilliamK

Yeah, http://www.ikobo.com does sounds like the BEST option for me right now. Guys, one thing, would it be safe to just use iKobo instead of PayPal for sales too? Is that a safe company to work with? If so, it would be good to me, since I can put correct address now (I just moved to another country and I can't change my PayPal account, sight) and get a new Visa-Electron card to withdraw funds...

Any idea on how long it would take for me to receive my first Visa card so I can start using the money? Maybe I should stick with PayPal, open an iKobo account, send money to me just to get the card, and after that start using non-stop?

Any help and info is apreciated about this iKobo company, thanks.

Best Regards, WilliamK

There have been a lot of spammers on the boards about the above company. No one will ever answer us about a site that actually uses them for e-commerce - it seems that the spammers prefer the company for P2P operations.

I know that CDG has used them in the past for P2P - so it might be best to use them for that & stay with Paypal

Thanks Corey, but I don't get what you mean, and why I shouldn't use it for sales. Could you help me out a bit more? I will sure apreciate...

Best Regards, WilliamK

The only reason I am saying that - I do not trust them. If you do a search for the word above on this forum - you will see a lot of spammers (unless they have been erased). I could never get to see one website in which used their services for e-commerce.

Ahhh, I understand. Maybe I could "try" and see if it works...?

Wk

I just noticed one thing, this Merchant option is NEW. Maybe that's why there is not much sites using yet?

Wk

More than likely. I think that I did find one site using their services. I'lll be back in a few if I can find it

Here is the site: http://www.castlemelody.com/

I also sent you a PM re: a lengthy thread in another forum.

Thanks Corey, I just read the posts. And yes, those guys looks strange, I will stick with PayPal until I can clear if this is going to work or not... PayPal is great for me. The only problem right now is this: I got a Canadian Account, but I had to move back to Brazil. As I see, PayPal doesn't allow you to do that, they ask you to open a new account. Here in Brazil they don't give the Mastercard to withdraw money, and there is no option to use the bank. I don't know how long they will let me use the Mastercard here before they block it for good. :-( And I'm afraid to ask, so they see that I'm no longer in Canada. I'm not doing anything bad, sales are ok, no chargebacks. But I wonder if there is a way to solve this problem. And the other problem is how I will pay members on the site from my PayPal account. Looks like that the other guys, StormPay would work best?

Anyway, I will deal with that soon.

Any idea on how iKobe limits works for Merchants? I can't find any info on the site. Another reason to stay away for now, lack of information.... :-\

Best Regards, WilliamK

There is a lot of paperwork that you have to send into ikobo, etc. I think the limit is something like $200.

It sounds like it would be easier if you set up a multi-store & allowed people to purchase the music from each individual seller. And then you charge each seller a monthly fee. This way - each seller has his/her own Paypal account and you do not have to worry about it.

Yes - I know a lot about how the banking system is down there. That is actually the place (Bank of Peru) has called us to help possibly distribute our cards.

Hummm, not to be a pain in the back, but Corey, I see that you work for a sort of competidor of iKobo... ;-)

Anyway, here is a question for you. I got a Canadian bank account with RoyalBank. Maybe it would be best if I just get my own Merchant account?

Wk

Well one of my companies does but we do not market it to the public. It is marketed to the healthcare industry / human resources. It is not available to the general publis - helps to keep fraud down a lot

Well with a Canadian account - you are probably better off - check out mypasystems or psigate. They will probably want an address - hopefully you have one in Canada?

I just found a serious thread about iKobe, from an user that has almost 4k posts.

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...hreadid=115331

iKobe looks serious to me now. Its sad that so many people bad-mouth those guys. :-\

There are only a few problems now. I would need to FAX an Utility-Bill to those guys, but since I just moved I don't have anything yet. :-( Looks like I will have to use those guys latter, not now...

Wk

Yes - you do need a lot. I missed that thread - probably because of the title. I ignore most of them these days

Another thing that is getting me the nerves... people state that they got only 2.000U$ a month limit, that's not enought. So I wonder, what they will ask if I need more? :-\

Maybe I should first look for something to replace PayPal and after that I deal with the users money. But what should I start with?

Corey, do you guys offer any service for people like me? I'm in Brazil btw. The site is www.Wusik.com

Wk

Unfortunately we do not at this time. The Bank of Peru wants to help start up a division of that type of company but I have been putting it off - just because of the liability issues.

I would think of setting of a multi-store cart, telling the sellers that must be responsible for their own processing & then charge them a monthly rental fee.

This way - if the merchant is in the US, he might opt for a merchant account, third party, etc. If they are in the UK, they can opt for World Pay, etc.

This keeps the liability down for you tremendously.

Hummm, bad news about iKobo. They offer several things, and now that I created an account, most features are with a message "comming soon" :-\ Humpf... they offer subscriptions, but this is not implemented yet. So why they -offer- it?!

Bad iKobo, bad...

Wk

I had not heard that one before - another thread now to add to my lists about the negative things with their company