Westhost.com / opinions wanted

Does anyone know anything about westhost.com? I just found their site, and at a glance, I think they would meet my needs.

I've already had bad experiences with LunarPages and GoDaddy, and need to find a reliable host.

I'd appreciate hearing form anyone who has experience with westhost.com.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi reflexology4 you should do a search http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=
      0 Not allowed!

Definitely do a search, I reviewed them not too long ago.
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)
      0 Not allowed!

try again

I already DID a search, and it prompted an abundance of threads having NOTHING to do with my question.

Again, I'd appreciate any information about westhost.com.
      0 Not allowed!

I did a search just now with just westhost and my username, came up with 5 threads.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)
      0 Not allowed!

WestHost....

They have been very good for several years.
    Last September they transitioned to a new and "improved" VDS system that went very badly. Lost data, lost email, broken scripts. Still continued the "conversion" until the support system broke down.
    WestHost deleted many, but not all of the threads on their support forums from the time of the conversion fiasco.
    From what I can tell, the support is back to the normal good quality. They are not doing any conversions, so the system is stable. They are normally a good value unix host.
    Currently, the big problem is that WestHost has VDS on all shared hosting accounts which makes the system very slow. Perl scripts that worked quickly before the conversion now time out.
    I would look elsewhere.
      0 Not allowed!

I used to be on their old shared service. But after failing to convert me to their new VDS platform after promising to do so, I decided that was it, I had to leave: that was about 8 months after the initial conversion date.

But before I left, I tried their new VDS platform. The service is fine, however, the "site manager" interface is tremendously slow.
      0 Not allowed!

hi , what was your experience with Lunarpages , i am with them and would like to know what i need to watch out for
      0 Not allowed!

I think i've heard more bad stuff about Westhost than about lunarpages.... If anything, lunarpages seems to have a pretty good reputation on this board.
      0 Not allowed!

I would like to know what your issues was as well. We certinately do and will do adjustments whenever we find out something that is not how it is supposed to be.
    I like to help
      0 Not allowed!