Thread: Nac

Nac

Hi everyone!

Can anyone give me a list of datacenters in newyork and what would be considered "good"? I have been searching around the internet and have found a few maybe someone can comment on each of them?

ezzi.net

NAC

burstnet

voxel.net

that is all i can think of for now. Any of these providers and good or should i keep looking?

price is not really a big deal as long as it is good quality & good support.

thanks!

What do you plan on doing exactly?

Ezzi has had its ups and downs from what I have read but I personally have never used them.

NAC I currently use and am quite satisfied with their dedicated servers (i dont colo yet).

Voxel I've never used but I believe I've seen a few good posts about them.

Burst/Nocster They have also had ups and downs but I heard they have recently got quite a bit better and their prices are quite good. Again I have no personal experiance with them.

Probably a lot of people are going to tell you peer1 or internap and both of these are top notch.
    eXeGaming : Professional Gaming Organization

if price doesnt matter and you want quality, dont even consider ezzi and burstnet.. that is if you have a serious understanding of what good colocation costs....

theres some providers in NJ too that you should consider
    how much bandwidth are you looking for

Originally posted by Tracert
    if price doesnt matter and you want quality, dont even consider ezzi and burstnet.. that is if you have a serious understanding of what good colocation costs....
    EZZI's network hasnt had any major downtime at all since upgrades were started last year in December.

Many upgrades were done with protecting our customers as well, including Netscreen dDoS protection, firewall protection, deep packet inspection... also now do VLANs and many other upgrades were done across the board in terms of core network equipment and many providers added to the network

Many customers have been saying on here as well as to us directly that things have been great and network is only been faster and better than ever.

If you had problems in the past, then that is the past... But things are only getting better.
    Last edited by EZZI net; 04-30-2004 at 01:08 PM.
    < < E Z Z I . n e t > >
    Best-of-breed Hosting Services
    http://www.ezzi.net | 1-866-GET-EZZI : sales@ezzi.net

take a look at peer1
    ManagedWay
    Connecting people through technology
    Cloud Computing | Fiber Optic Internet | Colocation

peer1 is excellent, but i bet you knew i was going to say that. voxel is a competent operation and uses nac for some of its transit, afair. nac mainly sells colo out of their octagon facility in parsippany, nj. track records matter.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

Ezzi isn't in NYC (They're on Long Island), and neither is BurstNet (They're about 2 hours away in Scranton, PA). NAC (or a good provider who can hook you up with space and NAC BW in NYC) or Voxel would probably be your best bet from your list.

-Josh

Originally posted by Joshua
    Ezzi isn't in NYC (They're on Long Island), and neither is BurstNet (They're about 2 hours away in Scranton, PA). NAC (or a good provider who can hook you up with space and NAC BW in NYC) or Voxel would probably be your best bet from your list.

-Josh
    Just to clarify EZZI has 2 locations in NYC, 60 Hudson and 25 Broadway.
    < < E Z Z I . n e t > >

Originally posted by ispclub.com
    Just to clarify EZZI has 2 locations in NYC, 60 Hudson and 25 Broadway.
    Your website only lists "EZZICenter3500" on your datacenters page, so I had no idea about those locations.

-Josh

The fact that EZZI feels the need to promote their own operation, rather than letting their cusotmers speak for their "upgrades" and "better performance" as of late...speaks loudly.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

NAC has a good network, but their customer service skills tend to lack (at least from my experience). Perhaps milling about in NYC for too long has gotten the best of them?

Originally posted by Joshua
    Your website only lists "EZZICenter3500" on your datacenters page, so I had no idea about those locations.

-Josh

Yeah I know... those locations are located on another page... website does need some updating
    < < E Z Z I . n e t > >

Originally posted by DeathNova
    NAC has a good network, but their customer service skills tend to lack (at least from my experience). Perhaps milling about in NYC for too long has gotten the best of them?
    I'd have to disagree.

I've had nothing but great experiences with the techs at NAC, as well as the abuse department. I deal with them quite often, few times a week typically..and I've never had a bad experience/delayed reboot/etc with them.

Nothing but praise.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Originally posted by nickn
    The fact that EZZI feels the need to promote their own operation, rather than letting their cusotmers speak for their "upgrades" and "better performance" as of late...speaks loudly.

I am not promoting anything, if I was it would be deleted since that isn't allowed.

So it is ok for anyone to say whatever they want but for a company to have a response is a bad thing... I guess we just look at things differently, oh well.
    < < E Z Z I . n e t > >

Care to elaborate on your problems? I would imagine your situation was unique as I hear nothing but praises from our customers.
    Steven J. Schecter <sjs@choopa.com>
    Choopa, LLC

I am not promoting anything, if I was it would be deleted since that isn't allowed.

So it is ok for anyone to say whatever they want but for a company to have a response is a bad thing... I guess we just look at things differently, oh well.

We have a connection from NAC and they are great when it comes to support and getting things done.

I have not personally dealt with them but our networking team has and they always have great things to say about them.

Plus their network is only getting better and cant wait until they open up their own type of NYIIX.
    < < E Z Z I . n e t > >

Plus their network is only getting better and cant wait until they open up their own type of NYIIX.
    NYCX is already "opened"
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

Originally posted by nickn
    NYCX is already "opened"

When did they launch it?
    < < E Z Z I . n e t > >

Originally posted by sjs
    Care to elaborate on your problems? I would imagine your situation was unique as I hear nothing but praises from our customers.
    I suppose you could say it was somewhat unique. Your front line associates are awesome, I cant deny that. Its more of your upper level engineers and management that I tended to quarrel with. This was some years ago, but the biggest issue I had (which caused me to leave after contract expiration) was simply that I felt we did not have a positive relationship between ourselves and management, which eventually caused us to move to another datacenter before risking having it done for us .

My apologies if I made it seem as if your customer service was bad, this is not the case; I just personally did not get along with a couple members of upper management that I had run into while I was at OCT.

Interesting comment. We've been a NAC customer (we purchase transit from them in both NYC and Newark) for about 3 years now, and have nothing but the greatest praise about their support. It's a good blend of personal and professional, which isn't an easy thing to pull off.

-Raj Dutt
    Raj Dutt // CEO // Voxel dot Net Inc
    http://www.voxel.net // sales@voxel.net