spamassassin : Can any suggest a global spam redirection rule ?

I need to delete all spam at the server level -- YES, I really need to delete it -- on a server-wide basis and not using procmail for each mailbox. And hundreds of mail users (including myself) don't want to download 100+ spam-tagged messages daily from our servers !!

Since spamassassin won't provide a deletion another option I was thinking was to get some sort of rule to put in /etc/mail/spamassassin/ which Redirects ALL tagged SPAM for all mailboxes to a single email address. I'll nullroute that email and that will delete all spam at server level -- anyone have any idea for such a rule ?

Other than this... only other thing I can think of is to look around in the Spamassassin code and try and hack it - which is going to be pretty uphill.

I'm assuming here that you're using Spam Assassin with MailScanner? If so, you simply need to edit your MailScanner.conf file to tell it what to do with your spam.

If you want to store, delete, forward, etc, then look for the following in the file and tell it what you want to do.

# What to do with spam
    # --------------------
    # This is a list of actions to take when a message is spam.
    # It can be any combination of the following:
    #    deliver                 - deliver the message as normal
    #    delete                  - delete the message
    #    store                   - store the message in the quarantine
    #    bounce                  - send a rejection message back to the sender
    #    forward [email protected] - forward a copy of the message to [email protected]
    #    striphtml               - convert all in-line HTML content to plain text.
    #                              You need to specify "deliver" as well for the
    #                              message to reach the original recipient.
    #    attachment              - Convert the original message into an attachment
    #                              of the message. This means the user has to take
    #                              an extra step to open the spam, and stops "web
    #                              bugs" very effectively.
    # Note that the bounce message is created in such a way as to stop it
    # bouncing back to your site.
    # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
    #Spam Actions = store forward [email protected] bounce
    then you'll see your actual action line of code beneath it. Above are the various rules that you can create. If you want to have all spam forwarded to a central location and not have it actually go to the actual addressee, then simply create the following rule.

So, just initially forward everything to the address you want it sent to and then delete the original message. That gives you the ability to download all the spam from a central account and no one else gets the spam tagged emails. I personally also added another forwarding rule that automatically sends spam tagged messages to [email protected] so that the feds can deal with it.
    Now available in regular and dehyphenated.
    May 2003 Member of the Month
    Useless Community Liason Ever Since.

Above The Clouds
    With Plesk 7 you can tell spamassassin to delete spam rather than tag it.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

The Woodlands, Tx
    I need to do the same thing, but with ClamAV rather than SA.

I was using it on Plesk6 - and I believe the version of Qmail doesn't have the qmail-queue patch to allow use of Mailscanner.

But I would be doing Spamassassin on a DirectAdmin server and Exim can work with Mailscanner so this is a good thing about Mailscanner. I didn't go thru the Mailscanner docs deeply till now since I couldn't use it, thanks Coach for pointing out its capability and its exactly what I need.

Going to go with DirectAdmin for newer machines, especially with the Installtron module for DA that rivals Cpanel's Fantastico. If DA had a conversion tool for converting Plesk accounts, I would convert the single Plesk6 server also to DA.

Top Secret
    Originally posted by Webdude
    I need to do the same thing, but with ClamAV rather than SA.
    CA is an antivirus, which won't delete spam, however IF you're using MailScanner, there's an option in MailScanner.conf
    Still Deliver Silent Viruses = youroptionhere
    change that to
    Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no
    and you'll stop seeing the virii

Don't forget you'll need to restart mailscanner to get this to work.

I'm not sure it's possible to do it with just clamav, though I haven't played around with it too much.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Linux Problems? WHMCS Issues? +1-866-546-8914 (linux-14) or @whmcsguru on twitter!

The Woodlands, Tx
    Gotta be a way to get clamav to do that. It deletes the virus, then passes the info on to qmail to send out to the original email that they virus was deleted. So basically, all you have to do is prevent it from sending data back to qmail..

St Louis
    If your using amavis-new you would change:

$final_spam_destiny = D_PASS;

$final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;

Make sure your filters are all set though because this will kill mail without telling anybody.