Convert a fla file to animated gif?

Please help me! i've made a banner in flash advertising an event coming up soon. I need to convert it to an animated gif image so that i can have it as my signiture on forums. I tried publishing it as a gif image but it only saved the first frame - please help me - your knowledge would be extremely appreciated cheers

I have yet to come across a solution of doing this, never really thought about it before. Have you tried dropping the frame rate so each stays on for say 4 seconds, giving you time to take a screenshot of each?

This way you can create a .gif and copy each frame into the gif ...

(Just an idea, there maybe an easier way)
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

I've seen some info on how to do it - it says you have to publish it as gif image by unchecking the other publishing options on the file > publish settings option. also you can modify the file path so that it saves it as a gif - but none of these seem to work!

i've used a decompiler to take something like that apart. Then once it's "decompiled" you have the images, and putting them into a rotating gif wouldn't be difficult... but the fla is definitely going to run better than the rotator.

sothink has a nice decompiler...

Vivvy

If you have fireworks, I'm lead to believe you can do it "automatically" via that. Not sure, I don't own a copy of fireworks.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

if you can't get it to work still, you could always use something like Snapz Pro to capture the image.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

Works really well - i can even capture 800x600 gameplay on my 1Ghz processor.
    Gone.

.fla to gif

This is a very simple process. The difficulty that others may have had are most likely due to an incorrect setting for the movie's symbols. If you have the animation in a movie clip, it may not export to an animated gif properly. The elements you want to export to an animated gif should be a Graphic Symbol and they should be on the stage of the movie itself. If you have a movie clip you can copy and paste the elements into a graphic symbol and place them on the stage so that you may export them. The only trouble that I have run into is slight color conversions. You may need to knock the graphic's colors down to websafe 216. I have also corrected the colors in ImageReady after export from the fla to gif. If you are still having trouble post your questions here.

Zoren
    Last edited by Zoren; 04-30-2004 at 04:33 PM.

i dont use fla sh anymore and its not installed on my comp, but there should be a setting under the file menu called "Export Movie As..." or something like that. Hit that, in your choice of filetypes to save as, hit ANIMATED gif. Make sure its animated, I believe there are 2 gif settings

Edit:

Go To File-->Export Movie...
    Input File Name
    Select Animated gif, not gif sequence
    Last edited by e39m5; 04-30-2004 at 05:32 PM.

I had this problem as well. I think you need the latest version or just save the frames one by one.

There is also a tool (freeware if iam correct) that does the same thing, but unfortunatelly i lost it's name.