Registerfly new.net domain extensions?

New.net Domain Extensions
    Exciting and descriptive alternative domains
    You can now register up to 28 new and alternative domain extensions.

.agent, .arts, .auction, .chat, .church, .club, .family, .free, .game, .golf, .inc, .kids, .law, .llc, .llp, .love, .ltd, .med, .mp3, .school, .scifi, .shop, .soc, .sport, .tech, .travel, .video, .xxx

Access to these new domain names is currently available to internet users via one of several partner ISPs and users who have activated their browser with a simple to install plug-in software application. The number of internet users who have access to these new domains is growing rapidly. It already exceeds more than 180,710,501 users world-wide.

These easy-to-remember addresses will expand the marketing opportunities of your brand. They'll attract more traffic to your websites. Some domain owners are using these names to launch new e-projects; some are pointing them to existing sites; and some are extending their current brands to the new extensions.
    RegisterFly is claiming the alternative tld's are available to 180+million users world wide?? First I've heard of this...

Any thoughts/info?
    .:: vento web hosting
    .:: simple hosting, simple solutions, simply reliable
    .:: ventohost.com

Re: Registerfly new.net domain extensions?

Originally posted by ventowtf
    RegisterFly is claiming the alternative tld's are available to 180+million users world wide?? First I've heard of this...

Any thoughts/info?
    CLAIMING, yes, that's the right word. LOL! Just try e.g. sex.shop (definitely registered and should be "in use") in your browser and see where it brings you, and you'll know. new.net has been around for quite a while, but noone is taking them seriously.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

lol
    i will ask for a .silhouette if new.net really take off

I wonder when they're gonna .giveup and stop inflating their statistics so some sucker like me will give em 17/year for a non existent domain.
    .:: vento web hosting
    .:: simple hosting, simple solutions, simply reliable
    .:: ventohost.com

new.net domains are a joke, dont waste your money.

Re: Registerfly new.net domain extensions?

Originally posted by ventowtf

Any thoughts/info?
    I think new.net claims, registrars just resell new.net services.

I also think these names are crap
    Domain Maven

even bulkregister is supporting new.net domains..

what a shame
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Seems stargate has joined the party

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/mi...TE=Mar+2,+2004
    Domain Maven

THe Newnet plugin is horrible. My mother had it installed in her computer, and she keep having trouble going to regular sites. To remove the damn plugin is even worse. There are tons of registry keys that have to be deleted, and the program itself has a long annoying uninstall process. Horrible indeed. I dont know how is it that they have been around as long as they have. They shouldnt be out cheating people.