Angry Inconsiderate People

I'm just getting sick of this. In the past 3 weeks our family has been subjected to random hit and runs. We are renting a house right now that has no driveway, until we can move to our own house this summer. So we have to park in the street. The side panel of my parents car was slammed into and this afternoon someone backed up into my car and there is a huge dent there now.

Both of these have been hit and runs, no note, nothing. It's really getting annoying and I can't believe how inconsiderate people can be, to just hit someone else's car and leave.

I've called the insurance company on this and I have an appointment in 2 weeks. I'm guessing by the end of this time here, I will have more than 1 claim for this car

Just had to get that off my chest, here's a picture of the damage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hitandrun-013.jpg  

If you have full coverage, I think they'll pay you for the damage. So, that already should be positive :-)

AdWatcher.NET - Ad Monitoring & Tracking (90-day Money Back Guarantee)

David Ogilvy said, 'I know half of my advertising works. I just don't know which half'. Would you like to know if YOUR prospects are reacting to your ads? Find out now!

That sucks. If anyone hit my car, I would track them down and kill them lol, my car means almost as much as my love to me
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

in uk,
    If you had fully comprehensive cover, you would be covered, the only problem is, IF you have No claims bonus, it would affect that, unless there Protected,
    AS the claim will class you at fault, because theres no third party to blaim, so your insurer will have to pay out for the damages.

I was also a victim of a hit and run incident... had to pay for the repairs myself since it wasn't really worth reporting it to our insurance company.

In the UK bumping into anyone's car is plain stupid
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

In the UK, streets are two-way on a 1 lane street with parked cars on either side. I can't imagine how you wouldn't bump into anyone's car
    I specialize in neck beards
    Latest: Reach for Android

Sounds like you have a drunk in the hood. That's where I would start focusing. I'm orginally from Ireland, seen it a number of times. The neighbor has one two many pints and sweeps wide when he turns past your car.

The emoticons below should be the beer hitting your car.

Anyway... sorry to hear about that.

Yes, I have full coverage but unfortunately if the damage is under $300, then I will have to pay it out of my own pocket. Hopefully, this will be $301

It's not that much money but its the principle of the thing, why should I pay to fix my car when someone else hit it :|

Re: Inconsiderate People

Originally posted by IDS

Just had to get that off my chest, here's a picture of the damage.
    That really sucks dude... I've had this happen to me as well.

Good luck!

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

It's only a dent, you should see my old toyota, hundreds of golf balls have hit that beater and I used to drive it. Hell, I made a few of the dents for fun. I made it a mission to knock down signs on back roads

BTW.. I put the dents in after the radio, heater, tranny all got screwed up. I was driving in -30 weather with NO heat (try defrosting your windows with no heat!)

Try to set up a CC camera... they arent that expensive. If you ever get hit again, just check the camera.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Wait outside with a 9
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

Wait outside with a rocket launcher :/

If it happens regularly, install a camera to track who is doing the damage.

I know how you feel. My car was vandalized before in New York. A new BMW X5. Someone witnessed the guy, he knew him and left a note that the person was willing to testify. Unfortunately, claiming that would have costed me more, so I moved on.

Good luck,
    Hosting Discussion - web hosting community.

Is your company represented?

Exactly, if it's happening a lot to you, set up a camera, or a web cam in a place where you'd be able to get a good identification of the car, and slam those suckers down when they hit and run. I'd pay the couple hundred bucks to set that up if you are paying more then that to fix all the damage.

yea The rocket launcer sounds good! lol
    Alex Croft
    www.global****.co.uk - Coming soon.

Yeah, get a wireless network camera.. I have that on my garage door, so if kids (namely ones that are drunk coming back from the local park) vandalize it, I know who it is (also has motion detector--which is useless now because cars come by like flies)

I was also thinking of getting one on my front door so I don't have to bother getting up if it's someone trying to sell me something (I'm the epitome of lazy)

Match the paint to the drunk neighbor. Find him at the local pub. Belly up and watch him get soused, then get your money the Irish way.