Best out of commercial and open source E commerce/shopping cart software?

I'm trying to work out what people suggest is the best *current* category of :

1. Open Source E commerce *out of the box* solution shopping cart type product

2. Commercial E commerce *out of the box* solution shopping cart type product.

I'm rather wondering what the *general consensus* amongst the professional web design/e commerce application web building community would be?

I like Zen Cart - Its nice looking - Autoinstallers - Support for many options and seems just a bit easier to setup than OSCommerce.

www.zen-cart.com is the URL

For commercial checkout digiSHOP.

Thanks guys much appreciated. Zen cart seems to be a favorite amongst people. That is allways comming up in conversations.

If you are looking for PHP, I would say osCommerce - you should also check out: http://oscommerce.snappyserver.com/

If you might be looking for ASP, check out: http://www.spidersales.com

Ocommerce sounds good but some people have told me that its not very easy for customers to find their way around it.

Hi Tanuk,

It can be a little complicated to work through - steep learning curve - particularl with versions which are fully loaded..

However, osCommerce is one of the best "out of the box" OS eCommerce applications available...

If customers have "simpler" requirements and osCommerce is too complicated for their requirements - there are other OS options available - however, they lack the scalability found in osC..
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

HI Gargoyle and hi guys, thanks for the inputs. E commerce is quite a learning curve.

* phpshop for mambo

Try phpshop for mambo , I thing this shop module very easy to integrated on your site

Search WHT for Zen Cart.
    Many favorable comments in various threads.
    Extremely easy to administer.
    Thank you,
    tom

I like www.x-cart.com

we use it at the isogames shop.

Hey guys....a bit off topic it seems, particularly for this board...but anyone know of an NT commerce package... one programmed in ASP or .NET?

What is the most full-featured cart out there in terms of administration and back-end logistics/inventory management?
    I am currently using IC and reliability and maintenance issues have me venting.

I need something that really does it all- B2C, B2B, B2E, etc... with logins for dealers & W/D, dimensional shipping, inventory for product options, real-time invesntory stock quotes, real-time order tracking, XML product & stock queries for affiliates, totally customizable admin user interface, etc...

While most shopping cart software works 'ok' for 'most' applications I need something really special that I can run with and customize / develop further that will scale up to Tier 1 requirements & performance metrics.

I would further prefer something that uses MS technologies such as ASP & .NET and has the ability to be run under multiple domain names so I can maintain both a development and production environment at all times.

Thus far, I have ruled out most of the usual candidates such as IC, OSC, ZEN, etc.. for one or more of the above reasons.

Any suggestions from the more informed enthusiasts that have larger properties and more stringent technical metrics?