Keep it up Theplanet & ServerMatrix!!!...

I like to post my review.....

I have been it than about 4-5 months, and I only have good stuff to say about than!!!

The Network

Never seen this network for this prices, the really important thing on a WWW biz is to have multi. carriers (The more the backbone providers you/dc has better for you and your clients!)
    • UUNet
    • Level3
    • Verio
    • TimeWarner
    • GlobalCrossing
    • AllegianceTelecom
    • AboveNet
    • Sprint

PS:Keep up this module of network!!! When needed more backbone providers try getting more and more... (wonderful network)

Hardware
    There is not much to say to this other than, they have servers from A to Z.
    The price of the servers with the hole infrastructure is out of this wourld!!!

HOW-TO's / FORUM
    I'm going to get in this because many people use than.
    From starter's from administrator's is a great way to exchange information.

I like the way the forum part "HOW-TO" is handle, there personal
    having to approve the how-to before it get's on the forum.

Support
    The Support is wonderful, there fone support are fast (I normaly call for those reboot's only and after confirming some information they reboot it.
    (Yes when I call some times the tech ask me to be put on hold (normaly is just max. 2-4 min.) so I never sayd no because if the tech is finishing a joob our finish a service order I'm human to try not to stress the operators our be rude for no reason.

Another thing to say is how they have admin. and operators avaible to consult you (at a add price, a normal admin. fee).

My return for than
    Not only having me as a custumer . (hehe)
    I don't open useless TT and I'm crystal clear in the required info. and never was rude in any way it any of the operators.

I really like than I try not to open useless TT as I'm in the ISP area too and just hate useless TT.

My advice

Network
    Keep this wonderful joob and fell free to add as many backbone providers as possible.

Hardware
    Well there is not much to say also the job performed is great keep it up !!!

Support
    Just something I think, a DC does not need chat support because normaly the user think's he is going to get a personal admin. to tell him how to due stuff.
    (This is just what I think!!! By all means I'm not insulting/attacking no one!)

This is just my way to say THANK YOU!!!

I agree, lately I've been very pleased with the performance from SM since their router issues a few months ago. Thanks for keeping on top of the ball guys, you're hard work doesn't go un-noticed.
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released

Originally posted by Ramprage
    I agree, lately I've been very pleased with the performance from SM since their router issues a few months ago. Thanks for keeping on top of the ball guys, you're hard work doesn't go un-noticed.
    Yeah It sure does not go un-noticed.

Hehe TP/SM custumers know what the buzz is all about.

YourHost:
    Your welcome I look forward to expanding my grow it you guys

Another happy customer here. We're going on our 4 month anniversary with SM.
    .:: vento web hosting
    .:: simple hosting, simple solutions, simply reliable
    .:: ventohost.com

YourHost,

I have a slight complaint, although for the most part I'm a very happy customer of The Planet. Since colocation is now handled by the Planet (I originally signed up when it was available from SM) I emailed a question and also called with the same question (not to try and get different answers but because I was being impatient )

Anyway, my question was... You have a 1U-6U colo offer with a 1mbs connection, and single power drop for $149/mo. I wanted to know if I had to pay an extra $149/mo if I wanted to put a 1U firewall in front of my server and just run a cross connect between the two machines. Thus I would still need only a single network drop, I would be within the 1U-6U size range, and I would obviously have to pay for the extra power drop.

When I called up and talked to a colo sales rep (name witheld so I don't get anybody in trouble ) I was told that since I wouldnt be utilizing the bandwidth of two seperate plans, i.e. I would only be using a single 1mbs drop, and the purpose of the second machine was to act only as firewall with a cross connect between the two the charge would only be $75/mo. For a total outlay of $225/mo for 3U's of space a single network drop and two power drops. However when somebody (a different rep) finally responded to my email I was told I would need two seperate colo plans at $149/mo each regardless of whether I want to utilize the resources.

I'm not going to pay $300/month for 3Us of rackspace and the use of a single 1mbs connection but I could accept $225. Anyway, what I am getting at is a price plan for "support servers", for lack of a better term, that only need space and power would be really nice! Failing that at least make sure your sales people are on the same page

Like I said though, otherwise I'm a happy SM camper.

Justin

jbigelow

Fire this question to than true PM our e-mail our even fone...

Hehe

Not to trash a thread but we recently moved away from ServerMatrix/ThePlanet due to hardware issues which they didn't try fix, the just simply kept issuing SLA claims. That isn't entirely bad, but I'd rather pay full than lose customers. Network was spot on, shame about the hardware. In some cases, I had to tell the tech what to do because he didn't know! Eventually, I just stated what to do on every trouble ticket or rang them up.

Anyhow, now we've moved to GNAX and the hardware is much more stable (Dual Xeon).

Again, I'm not trying to trash this thread, just provide my views like others have done.

What hardware problems did you had?

Mayble it was just a bad day to signup for you....

Try than again ask for Jeff (the sales person) he is great !!!

Glad to see some good reviews
    hm what should I put in my sig?

Originally posted by BudWay
    What hardware problems did you had?

Mayble it was just a bad day to signup for you....

Try than again ask for Jeff (the sales person) he is great !!!
    The drive kept corrupting data, etc. Did it several times infact. Anyhow we've moved on now (and the new one is much more reliable for us, at TP we had excessive downtime of 24 hours every few days).

The drive kept corrupting data, etc. Did it several times infact. Anyhow we've moved on now (and the new one is much more reliable for us, at TP we had excessive downtime of 24 hours every few days).
    Reminds me not of SM/TP but of Managed.com

ive had my account with servermatrix for a couple of months and they have lived up to my expections... which arent low. Of course they cant make everyone happy but i can say that i am indeed happy with my choice =]

Great Prices, Great Network, Great Service and Support, Great Servers....

What more could you want?